Thursday, March 14, 2024

Utakata no Uchronia - Demo Impressions

 Genre: VN.
Developer/publisher: Broccoli/Licobits.
Platform: Switch.
Official Site: https://licobits-game.com/uchronia/
VNDB: https://vndb.org/v40519
Release date: 14-3-2024.(Demo) 11-04-2024. (Full Game)
 
Since I wasn't in the mood to play as Red and Barret in FF7 rebirth
I took a few hours to check out this demo!
I haven't really done a demo impressions/review post in ages and I didn't even know
UtaChro was going to get one! which is good because I was a little on the fence.
 
I only tried out UtaChro to see what it would be like! and also kinda as a vibecheck.
I know things could always turn out different in the full game but whatever
who cares if you only end up liking 1 love interest or route!

UtaChro is developed by a bunch of ex? otomate staff and broccoli/TIS creation.
I like RiRi's art but overall it reminded me more of Piofiore and not Yunohana.
Backgrounds were pretty detailed in showing the environments, art in general was good.
Music? no complaints. The OP definitely catched my attention more and I liked listening to it!
sadly I couldn't find the OP on youtube yet to link here.
 
The demo had the common route & was definitely good for introducing the setting and characters.
The heroine Hinagiku is an Ojou-sama who is good natured...maybe a bit pampered
she gets treated like a princess and earned that nickname, lol.
Yashiro seems to have amnesia and they go around trying to jog his memory for a bit, doesn't
really work out yet. Tsuyukusa bumped into them, he knows Hinagiku and thinks Yashiro
is too close already, oh jealous are we? Tsuyukusa was pretty chill so whatever I guess.
The demo ended after you meet Yori but for the most part its just too early to tell
where any of it was going, romance was definitely not a focus atleast not at this point!
not a lot of fluff yet as well, I figured out from my two-ish hour expedition that UtaChro
is a scenario driven kind of game with romance not really being a focus.
Interactions were good and  it had a decent sense of humor too. Overall it seems UtaChro
 is more or less something like Piofiore but with a bit of steampunk! I kind of liked it?

Not really route impressions but I wrote a little about the love interests?
not all seem to have a lot of screentime in the demo so there's not much after the jump.

Awayuki.
CV:Saito Souma.
Ever since Kuro no Kiseki's Rion, Saito has been more on my radar
it seems he just voices a lot of ice related characters ah what's in a name?
I generally liked Awayuki in the demo, he's caring, loyal and protective of Hinagiku
but she is... always causing trouble for him, a bird, a cat then a person... its exhausting.πŸ˜‚
~
 
Yashiro.
CV: Kobayashi Chiaki.
 Yashiro ended up saving Hinagiku from some random assailant.
I had no clue what was going on at this point but he is hot, he has amnesia
so not even he knows who he is but Hinagiku wants to help him.
~

Tsuyukusa.
CV: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu.
 A friend of Hinagiku, he was kinda wary of Yashiro, generally laidback but has an attitude. 
~

Tobari.
CV: Okamoto Nobuhiko.
OMG Okamoto-san why are you everywhere?! i'm having PTSD from last game.😩😩😩
This guy I didn't see much in the common route, Hinagiku spotted him like once
then running into him with Yashiro in the hanamachi.
I got the impression Tobari is kind of like the Yang, just less intimidating 
like he just told  Hina this is isn't the type of place for a girly girl, lol.
~
Yori.
CV: Eguchi  Takuya.
I know most people are probably gonna see Nicola in him but here am I going Science Brofist. Yoo.
Best of both worlds eh? he meets our princess when she is touring the hanamachi
wondering what the lost lamb is doing there but Tobari stepped in cuz she is his guest.
Yori seems mysterious and maybe knows a thing or two.
Tobari sends him on his way and called Yori troublesome. I guess it says enough!
~

Final thoughts?
I wasn't really too invested in the characters from this demo but Yashiro interests me atleast
and I guess Awayuki so if I get the game there's atleast two guys to look forward to!
UtaChro had decent production values but the setting partly seemed like I seen it somewhere before
oh well maybe I have just played too many otome games? am I interested enough to buy it?
hmm... I guess there isn't really many otome games coming out and otomate is kinda weird
nowadays, I kinda want to support Licobits since I am impressed by them with their game.
 
Anyway I am not sure what to expect from both the writers of Yunohana and Piofiore
without otomate's iron fist.πŸ˜‚ Released from their grasp what could come forth?
I'll say most of the characters in UtaChro looked a lot like Piofiore's but this is normal
because artist just develop a style and they just draw a specific way
this is very obvious in say artists of fairy tail or Tony Taka from Shining so its not
really weird for the UtaChro guys to look like the Piofiore's gang or like long lost cousin's.
 
I think I may buy the game, it doesn't look too bad at all! but yea this demo
was only the common route and with 2ish hours I can't really judge this game yet
which is why I rarely do demo reviews. It was fun trying to do it but yea
too early to tell, see you after release! Also its nice they let you use
your demo save but if I get it then I will just restart.
 
19-3-24 edit: Noticed I wrote Yori instead of Yashiro in Tsuyukusa's section so I fixed it.πŸ˜–

No comments:

Post a Comment