![]() |
| This is a hopeful story. |
VNDB: https://vndb.org/v54934
Release date: 09-07-2026
At first I was kind of apprehensive of even trying this otome because of the writer
but my opinion changed when I started to research this game prerelease.
When looking at the cg's I actually got TengoStray vibes rather than Virche.
There were atleast two LI's that appealed to me; Cronoll and Lise, which is enough.
There's like maybe 2 upcoming otome that intrigued me so I wanted to
support otomate where it counts and where my interest alligned.
Disclaimer: This is purely my own opinion and it could be different from yours
this is not meant to be some kind of all-truth, just an opinion that came from playing this.
If you don't like what you're reading then close the tab, move on and just idk play it yourself.
The story is heavily inspired from Jeanne D'arc, I am not too familiar with it
other than some basic facts. Even if you don't the game explains it quite neatly, this is
of course fiction so they're gonna make up stuff regardless while using historical details.
I'm also pretty sure it was inspired by a certain MMO but I have no proof.
---
Pro's
- Great cast of characters & heroine.
- Decently crafted story. Balances despair with hope.
- Gorgeous art and BGM was excellent.
Grey Area
- Fairly long; Most routes took me around 9-10 hours.
- Some convenient writing, may leave you thinking about so and so outside of their route.
Con's
- The slashing sound effect when selecting things was awful to the point I muted SE's.
---
Art generally looked really good and the heroine had a sprite! which is a plus.
I'd say CG's generally were consistent but atleast one of them had a weird angle.
Background art looked great but you can tell some were by different people.
The CG direction was good and there were only two I didn't like.
Music; I have no complaints most tracks suited the mood or were in general pleasant to listen to.
Unfortunately it has some of the worst sound effects. The SE's were bad enough for me
to mute them. Like the slashing noise when you select things... its completely out of place.
There was one other and believe it or not one of them is from IF!'s era when they still
released RPG's and they really seem to be fond of it because I heard it in a lot of otomate
games as well as Fairy Fencer F. You probably know the one it kinda goes Ooooeeeooo.
System is just standard visual novel stuff nothing stood out, comfortable to say the least.
While there are locked routes, no routes had ending restrictions.
Length; 9ish hours for the common route and I clocked out my 1st play at 19ish hours.
Every route was like 9-10 hours give or take. This does depend on your reading speed.
My total time was about 75-80 hours.
The language difficulty is intermediate-advanced, I wouldn't recommend crazy chain to people
looking to try their japanese except if they got a solid grasp on the language.
---
Heroine
Everything about her just clicked and said yes with me.👌
If I was a cosplayer I would definitely want to cosplay her! or Libitina.
She's proactive and made it appear that she has the agency to do whatever it is she wants rather
than rolling with what her duty is. FuruMako's cast comment sounded like she was very in charge
and she was very much like that. She did what she wanted and took very little shit.
I think it would have been amazing if she was voiced but she was not.
It was also FuruMako's cast comment that made me buy the game BTW.
---
Crazy Chain had a pretty long common route, it mostly introduces the setting and chara's.
During it I couldn't help but think that the story of this otome game could be suited for an RPG...
the characters frequently fight and have to fend off monsters while traveling from place to place.
Of course it slowed down at times and there were peaceful moments
but I felt the focus was more on the journey itself.
Early on it didn't seem like this would be as extreme as Virche but the narrative
definitely had potential for it to get a bit dicey and it did. Things I wasn't sure about
was the technology level like its visually both medieval fantasy and steampunk.
There are guns and obvious signs of development & used for convenience.
but hey its been a few generations! advancements were made.
Anyways all of the LI's were generally likable, some may just not be for me but everyone
seemed to have good and bad points and most grew on me anyways.
I felt like they went out of their way to get us attached.😅
I generally had a good time with Crazy Cha!n. I loved the vibes and the RPG themes.
The game could be dark as its a dark fantasy, it depended on the route how dark.
It did tackle heavy subjects with atleast two routes; one of them being Vardis really pushing it.
There's also one side character but I shouldn't say too much about them
the 7th bonus story goes into it but its more like a biography.
Most other routes can feel tame but its best to not underestimate the narrative.
There's angst, although for the LI's they know how to give the scenario room to breath.
I found there to be more sweeter scenes which gave balance.
Personally I was like I'm tired boss when I reached the end of Cronoll's route.
Breaks are your friend! even if its just a short one, take any time you need.
At the very least it didn't leave me wanting and the twist and turns were exciting.
Overall without spoilers I thought it was more balanced than Virche but its
by the same dev team and the narrative definitely showed that.
With few exceptions I did think mostly all LI's were tame but they felt human and I like that.
9.3/10
TLDR; I think it was pretty good but it may overstay its welcome.
Even if it can get bad it wasn't so bad that I felt like a shriveled up grandma.
It fits in nicely alongside Enchante, Virche and Over RequiemZ. Forming the four
horsemen of the apocalypse. I'd recommend it to those looking for a dark story
focused otome game with sweet romance and liked any of the aforementioned games.
I won't recommend to those looking for shorter, lighter otome or dislike heavy themes.
As for whether it gets translated, I think this has a solid chance
of being picked up! and I hope it does but its likely not for a while
---
My play order:
Cronoll > Vardis > Rex > Flatnis > Lise > God.
This was the order I did, I expected Lise or God to be locked so I automatically
moved them back. The only routes available at the start were Cronoll, Vardis and Rex.
Recommended order:
Vardis / Rex / Cronoll > Flatnis > Lise > God.
The initial three routes can be interchanged and be played as you like its very much pick your poison.
Vardis; A good starter route to settle you into the game. Starts out light but has
hints of looming darkness and craziness. Recommended for Virche fans.
Rex; Best choice for people who'd rather go for a knight rather than a shady priest
there's things to unpack here but I thought it was a fairly balanced.
Cronoll; A great route if you want a challenge chasing a LI. I thought it was a little
heavy/emotional but it also wasn't ''Vardis'' so doing it first should be okay.
Flatnis; Locked needs all of the initial routes to be cleared.
Lise; Unlocked by clearing Flatnis route.
God; Unlocked by clearing Lise so there's no choice but to do him last.
Character rambles after the jump, since the game is quite long and plot heavy
I've decided to not digest the plot and its literally just some rambles/thoughts about the
character/route and some (not all) of my fav CG's. Though if you want no spoilers at all.
I suggest to stop reading here like always.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cronoll.
CV: Furukawa Makoto.
I am so here for it.He's got a pissy attitude and can sound pretty arrogant, no wonder he's a loner.
Sophia trying to get him to get along or introduce himself was an experience.
He's pretty much exactly what I expected, due to him being the way he is
I thought it would be better to do his route first and no locks can stop me unlike with Lise....
I mean tell me to get lost and I might just go out of my way to chase your Kuudere ass.😄
His route just had them butting heads most of the time; especially early on.
I kinda like Cronoll but even I am like what would you see in him?
most other men don't see them as worthy of being at her side so Sophia's quest
for love was a difficult one and Cronoll got to enjoy the schadenfruede.
As for Sophia and Cronoll they're obviously closer than in the common route
and its kinda hilarious how Sophia doesn't even consider hi--- he's just like whatever
to what Sophia wants. They act like some bickering couple who lived together for years.😅
but still entertaining. My favorite moment was when Cronoll seemed to have grown
attached and missed her realizing he can't do everything alone. Even if he acted detached
its not like her presence never affected him, the drama midway was also lovely.
How they discovered their feelings was beautifully depicted.
Also this route featured the kid Alto a lot, he's a 10yo traveling bard but I started to have
doubts about who he is, I just thought Alto was far too knowledgeable for just a kid.
Either way he didn't seem like a bad kiddo and when he was with Sophia and Cronoll
they did look like a fam--- okay I will hold that thought Cronoll is aiming his gun at me.💀
Also yea I was sorta right about the kid... and it gets even better!
When he revealed his true identity he even shitposts about it. Kids these days.😩
FuruMako's performance was also excellent but it reminded me of Claude at one point
as he is really good lately at sounding like a depressed miserable wreck.
Give this man a raise oh my god. Lise randomly showed up 5+ hours into this route
and it was like a freaking jumpscare, I knew he was recovering but it was like
the game reminding us he yet lives. Like Hey guys! i'm here too incase you forgot.
I still had some questions but I was generally satisfied and I am happy for them!
Needless to say there was enough time to develop both the romance and plot
so it was not a bad route or anything. I just felt a bit exhausted by the length of it.
The bonus story was lovely, if there's never a FD well this is more than enough.
Honestly while most CG's in this route looked good I wish the perspective of them
were better in the inclusion of the heroine. There was too much focus on her back
which reminded me of those type of otomes with faceless heroines. -_-
As for the bad ends... there were only two.
Bad end no,2 might be more emotional if you were to get it by accident as for
bad end no,1 the CG was really awful its the worst in the entirety of my first play
but because the bonus story CG was great I will forgive their sins.
~
Vardis.
CV: Yamashita Seiichirou.
![]() |
| Honestly I felt kinda bad for him... as did I do for another chara voiced by YamaSeii. |
I wasn't interested in this LI prior to starting the game which didn't really change.
Vardis is the priest and he gives off a rather shady vibe to me. Other than that
I had no real expectations of him, it seemed pretty self-contained.
I was in a very vibey mode where most of it was on autoplay.
There was a funny scene in the common route that showed a scary side
to Lise and I don't think its just Vardis we should worry about.
Better not call any other man prettier than Lise...💀💀💀
Vardis was generally a good boy helping out the kids and the women.😌
But you know you should generally be careful with priests in these type
It all made sense he didn't mind helping Sophia with her goal but he did mention
maybe consider me too, LMAO. It starting out rather repetitive but it still
managed to be interesting in its own way. I just wasn't here for it.
Vardis definitely had parts to him that had me go hmm? what's up with that?!
which also put me more on edge since it was very red flaggy.
A common route bad end also sorta foreshadowed something was up
so I could see why people will recommend this route first.
In terms of romance I didn't really enjoy even if I could understand Sophia falling for
Vardis or a side of him? there was just too much going on that needed to be solved first.
In terms of Craziness this made Cronoll's route look tame and a baby in comparison.
After Cronoll's route the craziness in Vardis route was like stepping on a landmine.
Honestly I also was more attached to Cronoll which didn't really happen here
since all I felt was a case of pity for everything that happened to Vardis.
There was some bittersweetness in the narrative but I didn't really like it overall.
At the end of chapter 4 it seemed like it was ready to roll the credits but this was of course too early.
I just dislike the trope where things seem to be just a tad happy but as the scene ends it pisses
on its own parade while most of the cast is unaware except this one guy on cleanup duty.
Its like yasss i'm free but being handcuffed immediately for the remaining chapters, thanks I guess?!
I suppose the basis for all this relies on what happened to the original Jeanne
since Gilles was infatuated with her he went on a downward spiral after her death.
He's every bit as gross tho... but I won't go into that. IYKYK.
Vardis also had the worst kiss CG's, everyone else had better angles.
Anyway the ending was pretty good? and if you were invested then
I can see the route of Vardis being very emotional with pay off.
Unfortunately I wasn't but atleast I can say that much.😅
While its a ''happy end'' the sound of the clock seemed to indicate it was borrowed time
which just wasn't a good feel and I could have done without that.
Sometimes a story or LI just isn't your thing but that doesn't make it a bad one.
I wasn't really here for the bad ends due to things being what they are
both bad end gave us another stellar performance by YamaSeii.
ISTG did he purposefully seek out or was sought out for these roles?!💀💀💀
Also Vardis shares a similar situation with Sophia since they both sorta
got this funny voice in their head, except Vardis one is malicious as heck.
They got it out of him but good grief!
I'm glad I did Cronoll's route first because if it was Vardis
it may've affected my enjoyment of the game. Holy baby.
7.3/10
~
Rex de Couraciel.
CV: Ura Kazuki.
Rex is a bit eager to be to serve Jeanne D'arc and like a complete idiot
thinks its okay to sneak into her room at night. Leading to quite a scene.
All is forgiven though as Rex is not some bad guy and he joins their expedition.
Needless to say he's a bit of a dork who didn't give me a good first impression
buuut if you need a knight Rex is your man! ...probably.
Honestly as I was starting this route I thought hmm Rex may be someone i'd like as a friend
so I wondered if my impression would change. The route starts out relatively same as others.
Rex wants to help Sophia find her date and he already knows a candidate!
who else could it be but his own brother!
It certainly wasn't the worst idea but i'm kinda salty he didn't consider himself.
The best part is his brother is like wtf?! all I got from this is that Rex is a huge simp for his brother.
Thanks to this we spend some time being courted by Calme. Actually I started to fancy him
since he's kinda hot wait what this is Rex route why are we doing this?! 😭😂💀
Rex past was rather sad though... its completely understandable how he lost his cool.
Also mutual headpats?! hell yea. I liked how they communicated.
Sophia did get mad at Rex for playing matchmaker when she was the one developing
feelings for someone ah who could that be?! definitely not the guy who's route I am on.😒
Speaking of plot... there wasn't much of a plot or major reveals but I kinda liked this
most of it was generally SoL stuff and Rex duelling with his brother.
Ah there was an encounter with Libitina, Rex past and some minor lore dumps
from the lil bard were more interesting to me. I did think things were a bit too calm
and was wondering when or if shit would brick. And it did but what else is new?!
I thought that Rex was an idiot but the biggest one is his brother
though I partly understand his feelings. Forking amazing
They have many scenes I liked so its hard choosing a CG to share.
Bad end no 3 was sad and funny at the same time cuz imagine picking juice over
water and you get hit with a confession scene but this is too early for the narrative
so it ends up being a bad thing rather than a good one. God always mocks Jeanne
in this end. The chains are actually there to prevent this so if they get broken too early
they can't prevent shit from bricking and the villains will have their way(s).
Bad end 4; this was a tragic end but for some reason I wasn't sad...
this ending does fit in with the routes theme.
There was another ending in this route but its a common route one.
It featured some additional scenes with Isaak, Jeanne found out abouthis situation randomly and it almost turns into an Isaak route.
Its not much but it added some additional context.
He ends up asking Jeanne to save him when the time comes
but this puzzled me since she already does this right?! or does it mean
there is a way to offer him salvation other than what we saw at the end
of the common route?! it basically foreshadows another outcome.
Well I always thought Isaak looked like Lucas from Virche and we know
Isaak has an ilness that is slowly transforming him, in the end Sophia saves him
by killing him. I'm not sure how I feel about this, on one hand I appreciate the
additional context! though looking back maybe he didn't actually die.
I'm not that attached to Isaak but Sophia cares a great deal about him.
In this end she doesn't fall for anyone else and becomes much like him
which is really sad since she doesn't rely on any of her friends! even Lise.💀
Good thing I did Rex bonus story last since it washed away whatever the above was.💕
It wasn't much but atleast they were doing just fine!
Flatnis Lailaps.
CV: Nojima Kenji.
but NojiKen landing a leading role in 2k26 does.
During his first encounter with Sophia I was at a loss for words and my disappointment
was immeasurable but my day not yet ruined. Yea Flatnis was being a nerd?!
I am reminded of that guy from Silent Witch that proposed to Monica just cuz she
was good at chess; so that they could play more. Flatnis was so captivated during combat
with Sophia that he can't help but propose to her.💀I mean... priorities am I right?
It doesn't stop there even when it isn't his route he has to remind us of his feelings.😩
I suppose this was meant to be enemies to lovers... but I had trouble getting into that.
Okay bad first impressions aside Flatnis isn't that bad... Flatnis can be a reliable person
when he isn't being a nerd, I can see the appeal now as he is just very romantic
and acts on his feelings leading to well impulsivity.
I totally understand why it is locked, it goes further into the activities of
his country and as seen in Rex route they're not very nice to witches.
It kinda turned into ace attorney, i'd die here without a guide.💀
Nox is also the type of person you can never get a good read on like
he could be your friend or an enemy its circumstantial.
However I don't think he's an actual bad person, Nor is Calme or
Durandal but they can be very selfish in going about things.
In terms of worldbuilding this route is great but it felt some things
were held back so all we got was Nox being a big jerk.
Anyway it wasn't all bad, Flatnis is totally not my type but he did grow on me.
The constant flirting however made me a bit... fidgety.😖
On another note I thought Flatnis first chapter was absurdly long
I get they had to introduce his country but wew lad before I knew it
I found myself on a wikipedia page about Matthew Hopkins.😅
On the other hand the 4th chapter felt like it flew by...
The bad part about this route was honestly the infodumping.
It expanded on what was already build but it didn't do much more than needed.
Much like Vardis I wasn't very interested in Flatnis but I do think he's a great character.
The romance was enjoyable but it was too draggy for me to enjoy it as a whole.
Nox was insufferable in the second half, it felt like he was just playing games
but as I said you never know what's up with chara's like him, could be
an ally one moment and your enemy the next. It just so tiresome.
This route may've had too much angst and politics for me.
Despite that when I thought I couldn't feel anything anymore...
...I got sad right at the end in the space with Tristin.😭
The epilogue was kinda... well what did I even expect?!😩
😂😂😂
😑
I went into the bonus story expecting lovey dovey times but instead
I got more dueling. What can I say but they love the thrill of the fight.💀
Thank god the stars were beautiful that night.😌
Sophia finally asked them to become a couple (wait weren't they?!).
Anyway she realizes Flatnis more important than her powers.
This is all because God doesn't approve of this so he messed with her
which made me kinda angry at him for it being the way it is.
The bad end was sad but its another one of those that might hit harder
if you were to get it first rather than just go back to see it.
Another ending had them part ways without much of the drama happening
but while they parted on good terms they were still enemies next they faced.
This was a rather bitter tragic ending with a tiny crumb of sugar.
7.5/10
My enjoyment of Flatnis is higher than my dislike for political games
hench why I rate it higher than Vardis route. Tho if I was harsh I'd rate it 6.9/10.
~
Lise René Xana.
CV: Uchida Yuuma.
![]() |
| Literally Lise whenever Sophia gets hurt he'll come running. |
into a support role due to Sophia being stronger than him.
Wants to protect her but ends up being protected. I thought their dynamic is adorable.
Lise grew on me instantly, he is incredible babygirl and I rather like the idea
of an effeminate LI since so many lean towards standard tropes.
He's so babygirl that I am convinced it was a keyword when they conceived his character
and I am just going to die on that hill because well look at his sprites?!😭
That aside he can use an array spells so its not like he's useless on the battlefield.
Lise's bond with Sophia is already quite strong, its easy to tell he cares a great deal
and maybe even has feelings for her. Lise's not overbearing and is respectful.
In every route Lise is independent of the heroine, he gives her freedom and if she ever
needs help or is hurt he comes running. I love how their relationship is depicted...
I also love the :3 face Lise sometimes makes.
This is where the doubt started to set in so even if Lise seems graceful and kind there's more to him.
That one common route scene also showed Lise has a sense of pride in his beauty.💀
Oh oh oh... no ho oh. ''That was a complete misunderstanding'' ''...Are. You. Sure?''.😱
Calling him the prettiest man you ever knew wasn't his affection raising choice.💔
Needless to say Lise can be strangely intimidating if need be so he's not just a babygirl~~.
Yes that's right Lise is the coolest!💖
Ugh... this guy is the sweetest precious childhood friend i've ever seen
their relationship is so... it feels like they're family.
The route was quite heavy how he once met Sophia set the foundation for who
he is in the present, even if he's weak he will support and protect her whatever happens.
Lise's motivations are actually quite similar to Calme, a world without
the person dearest to him would be worthless to him.
Its a little scary but this cinnamon roll does have a little darkness in him.
Light outside, Dark thoughts inside.💀 A bit worrisome... its still only chapter 1
but i'm losing my sanity was Lise always so caring? he feels a bit more motherly.
Oh my god his night time outfit has the hair opposite of Sophia...
its like they're two halfs that complete eachother. G O D its only chapter 1. HELP.
I mean Lise is just so happy when he's casually with Sofi. Its breaking me positively.
There was a girl who admired Lise and wanted to get along but he refused
because of his devotion to Sophia. The girl seemed to respect that.
Also he wouldn't allow her to call him Liz only Sophia can do that.
That's fair its his name and only he can decide who he lets in or is allowed to call him that.
Anything he does for Sophia is because he wants her to be happy
he loves seeing her with a smile. He does so unconditionally.
I also feel a bit bad for Libitina at this point but Casper is a bit...
well I could never put a finger on what the cat is up to but he's dangerous.💀
Sophia has big boobies after all. Some may say this is OOC but good jokes
only happen at the right time. Shit happened to get incredibly real after that.
Its not like Lise is dependent on Sophia that much is obvious throughout the game
he is just extremely attached because if it wasn't for her he wouldn't be here.
He wouldn't have found the family and become a squire if not for her.
Sophia means the world to him. There was a CG around this part
Due to his trauma he has abandonment issues so any threat to Sophia is a real threat.
He's much more unstable in this route than any other. Makes me wonder
how he copes in the other routes or perhaps the Xana's supported him then
whereas here he's at the hip of Sophia rather than them both being independent.
Lise did realize this is problematic so he wants to become even better
at protecting Sophia, to that end he reaches out to his friends.
He wants to be more than just a mage, he wants to become her shield.
Liz practicing with everyone and learning new techniques was a highlight.
Lise is so motivated that he wouldn't mind killing a god.😅
There seems to be another antagonist and he's been mostly behind the scenes till now
he's the one giving Libitina orders and Casper doesn't particularly like him.
They can't do anything about him though... so they have to go along.
I loved the scene where Flatnis started hitting on Sophia (what else is new) but then Liz
shoved him aside and told him that he should know his place. Flatnis just compliments
Lise about the face he was making, Flatnis was under the impression
Lise was a scared dog but now he's got a lot more courage.
Lise also tells Flatnis that if he wants her that much he's gonna have to go through him.
He's grown so much...😭 I never expected him to act like this. Crazy.
After a bunch of drama Lise became a lot stronger... emotionally and patient
but he struggles a lot and fears losing the one he cares for the most.
I shouldn't say too much about Casper but damn he's hot. (Don't let Lise hear this).
This was a really heavy part of the route. Which forced me to take a break because whoosh.
There's a reason he's always fully clothed and I got teary eyed when Lise showed Sophia.
That aside their bond is as strong as ever, maybe even unbreakable.
Lise did get jealous when he heard about Sophia being able to see God
so he asked ''Between God or me, who do you think is better.''
There was a choice here and you could tell him ''You're the coolest'''.
I obviously picked that because its true, he does let it slip that if something happens
he doesn't intent to lose even if he's up against God. Well atleast he's consistent.😅
Well if you thought Vardis route was dark, this is worse far worse than any route prior.
I've probably blabbed enough already but the story beautifully came together
and I really enjoyed watching Lise grow as a character! the romance was sweet too.
This route also made me like Flatnis as a character more than in his own route
since he touched base with Lise when he was at his lowest and made him
overcome his remaining doubts about his past & truths that made him waver.
This route felt like a truth route as well but there is one more left...
This route really satisfied me with all of the revelations. A part of the best ending
left me bitter but it felt like it was a little bit more well done than say Enchante.
Everything will be daijoubu. This too shall pass.
![]() |
| Cry for me, Cry for you. |
Bad end: Well... uhm. Maybe there is an audience for this.
Its certainly a possibility. I have no words.😶
Bad end 2: Okay... uhm yea I will wish anyone that try to harm Sophia a very goodluck.💀
Liz? he's the guy you shouldn't worry about! everythings totally FINE. 😬
Its a good bad end depending on your POV. Maybe.
Hmm... I guess I can accept this side of Lise... but I prefer him in the best end.😊
OMG HELL NO I just realized that bad end is similar
to Gilles going on a downward spiral, HELP.😨
The bonus story was very sweet, it completely healed me from the above.
9.5/10
Regarding the best end, some people may dislike it but it showed Lise's growth
and I am happy with it. Uchida Yuma also did an amazing job voicing Lise.
As of Lise route i've become invested in nearly everyone now and I can
safely say I like mostly all of them in some way, except Nox maybe.
I always wondered what its like to have a childhood friend. Its rare for me to find
well written childhood friends or ones that click but to me Lise did just that.
He can seem emotional clingy yes but... he's flexible enough to try to adapt.
I love how Lise grew so much, the babygirl is so cool now!😭👍
Liz is very emotional and things affect him deeply but he's human
and that means he's not perfect. While I also like him outside of his own route.
Inside of the route it really cracks open the egg.
Some people hide everything untill they can't anymore.
He's also traumatized due to his past, I can't even see him as immature
because at the end of the day he is quite mature in other routes.
Lise may struggle but its as Sophia said Lise is the kindest person, reasonably
he would never hurt a fly. I think his bad ends also fit him and they're
not that odd all things considered. Liz is one of the few characters
in this game that actual resonates with me. Struggling to overcome the thorns.
Lise is an imperfect human and I love him for it! he's the coolest.💖
The astro sign pisces would fit Lise well but I don't remember this game
mentioning birthdays so I have no proof. Just FEELS.
Lmao I feel like his cheerleader or grandma.😂💀
~
God.
CV: Kaji Yuuki.
Its also been 48 years since I have heard Kaji Yuuki in an otome! the cg's
advertised him to have a cute side so I was curious to see how it would go.
Kaji Yuki did a terrific job though and I don't think I can imagine anyone else for the role.👍
God seemed more like some funny voice Sophia heard in her head
and most interactions were through dreams so far, he is generally unreliable
also why is this ho so mad? god doesn't quite understand why.
Though when Sophia really needed god's help he was there for her.
Also while I was a bit angry at God for being a tease in Flatnis route
I felt grateful at the end of Lise's route. At this point I have no expectations
for God's own route and I had no idea what it would even cover.
Well... while the game can feel complete after Lise's route it did
have some loose ends. I still wonder about François Prelati
but there were definitely connections between a lot of characters.
This route explores everything about God's character that was
protected by his very own privacy restrictions.😂
They also briefly touched base upon all the lore discussed in all route
in case you forgot about some of it. So it really is a grand finale.
God ended up literally chained to Sophia so he's able to actually be there
nothing much changed but now the idiocy is no longer inside our heads.💀
We may've someone else to thank for this...
The gif below is excellent to show how it was like how he showed up physically.
God's name is Irisé given to him by Sophia much like how she nicknamed Lise; Liz.
Its a reference to a flowerfield which was planted after Orleans was liberated.
I was a bit worried about Lise finding out about him being god but he handled it well.
They both received their names with affection from Sophia so with Irisé
and Liz being similar, Lise already sees them as friends and wants to get along.
Overall i'd say the route felt like soft pillow while also humanizing God
and somehow making him worse but then again what do I expect
of the Virche team? thankfully there is always hope.
Unfortunately I am just so tired of Casper at this point. As for Sophia...
well you know at this point Cronoll was right about her phonyness~~.
Liz was as cool as ever though and he managed to shine a little even in this route.
The final chapter made me almost dislike Irisé and it made my love for Liz even stronger.
The best ending was nice though and it pretty much saved the route for me.
What am I even writing?! (╯°□°)╯( ┻━┻
Almost another shrodingers cat scenario but unlike the last game I played
all hope was not lost! Truly the chains of hope.
Oppai banzai!😂
carrymore weight if you get it randomly or do it first.
Another ending was likely my favorite one, nothing against romancing Irisé
but it just felt better. Seeing the whole group together like that I mean.
The bonus story felt like a proper epilogue wew~~ its finally over huh?!
I'm proud of my son Liz too! he's grown so much that he's happy to just help about anyone.
Iresé gave Sophia a lovely bouquet of flowers, all the colours of the rainbow.
There was also a bonus story for Isaak. I wasn't particularly invested in them as a LI
but if they met Sophia a little earlier then he would absolutely be one.
It basically serves to see more of their character and the life they lived, its not pretty.
Light outside, Dark thoughts inside. The burden of being a saint is like that.
Of course its the Lucas Proust lookalike getting screwed over, who hurt you?!😭💀
In a story where Hope plays such a key factor why is there none for him?
it feels like he was a necessary sacrifice or something.💀💀💀
8.7/10
Hmm... its perfectly serving as a final route but I didn't enjoy it as much as Liz.
Most of the route was fun and it balanced well with more serious moments.
After the last route, having a bit of a romcom route like this is great
but I just didn't enjoy some of the narrative at the end.
Overall it did feel a bit nonsensical and dropped another lore dump.
It wasn't longer than needed and it tied everything together relatively well.
~
Character ranking based on being interested in them prior to their route:
Cronoll > Lise >God > Rex > Flatnis and Vardis.
I guess that's as far as first impression go and Flatniss and Vardis didn't really impress me.
My Fav route:
Lise>Rex/Cronoll>God>Flatnis>Vardis.
Rex ranks high for me due to low cortisol energy.😌
Cronoll had a well-rounded route.👌 Flatnis route was tiresome😑
but I felt more safe with him than Vardis.😓
I loved the narrative of Lise's route and his character so its an easy fav.💕
God... I liked it more than Flatnis and Vardis so there's that.
Route ranking based on how crazy they were:
Vardis>Lise>God>Cronoll/Flatnis>Rex.
Oh yea Vardis wins this one by a mile.
I ranked them while going this is crazy about something that happened in their route.
My Fav character:
Lise>Sophia>Cronoll>God>Rex&Flatnis>Libitina&Casper>Vardis>Alto&Isaac>
Calme->Rikold>Durandal>Nox.
Final Thoughts
![]() |
| Its crazy how there's so many forms of pure love.💀 |
romance along the way. But it was long and the way it was paced made me tired.
I liked that the story here always gave ''hope'' in some way.
Elpis means hope, you know that right?!
I just kept playing, by the time of the final route I was really like the above image.
Liz route was satisfying to me, I almost just marked finished without ever doing the final route.😓
At first I wasn't sure if I would like some LI's but I generally liked everyone
maybe some a little mixed. God... as a LI he was not on my mind as I didn't see
how it would work romantically like at all but as a character he's great.
If you try to compare it to Virche its just gonna be comparing apple and pears
they're not the same. Its definitely got angst, bloodshed and there are horrors are
present within the narrative but it depended on the route how bad they were.
By route 3 though I got pretty numb and just wondered what other crazy stuff the narrative
was hiding.😩 Said route actually managed to rejuvenate me which kept me excited.
At the very least it managed to balance itself out between tense and calm moments.😌
The common route reminded me of games from 12 years ago, we don't
get them like that anymore. These type are annoying to go through
on subsequent plays. Not to mention the premise at the start of
every route can feel a bit repetitive but I can live with that.
I also thought the routes could be a little padded however this usually
lead to more casual scenes so it isn't necessarily bad but it may disappoint people
who'd like more action or something. There can be a bit of finding out how to solve
a situation or political scenes which I found boring. Needless to say it was a meaty VN.
Its not too short but for some it could be too long.
Structure wise I like this game a bit more than TengoStray each route tackled
different topics suited to that character and resolved them well enough
but sometimes I wondered about so and so outside of their route.
The biggest offender to that is Vardis and Nox because holy baby.
In every route I felt like I was learning new things so it was worth doing all.
I did like how Lise had elements from all prior route which had a satisfying feel to it.
Early routes felt like bite-sized introductions to a larger on-going plot while seeming
like a self-containing. I'm not really sure how to describe Flatnis route
but Lise felt like a truth route and God the finale.
Romance wise I thought it decent. I don't think I need a FD.
But if it does get one I hope its a fluffy one since this game was fairly dark as it was.
9.3/10
I think your experience with this otome may vary depending on your expectations.
Crazy Chain can be pretty great depending on what you value in an otome game.
It has most things I generally would like but it may depend on tolerance
for darker themes and angst since its not all sunshine and rainbows.





























No comments:
Post a Comment