Thursday, October 8, 2026

Sullyland Nursery Rhyme - Review

/ไบบ◕ ‿‿ ◕ไบบ\
 Developer/publisher: Otomate.
Platform: Switch.
Official Site:https://www.otomate.jp/sullyland/
Release date: 1-10-26.
 
I guess we're playing mystery otome games now... well atleast with this game
I could sorta set my expectations due to the game covers. But NGL the QB bothered me.
Sullyland Nursery Rhyme seems like its a perfect pick if you enjoy getting seasonal!
as said I did have some expectations; most are based on prerelease info. 
 
Disclaimer: This is purely my own opinion and it could be different from yours
this is not meant to be some kind of all-truth, just an opinion that came from playing this.
If you don't like what you're reading then close the tab, move on and just idk play it yourself.
 
Pro's
- Interesting story and vibe that will keep you on edge. 
- Great group dynamic and character writing.
- Great art and fitting music.
 
Grey area
- Oldschool common route. Rather long. Repetitive structure.
- Contains sensitive contents, the severity may vary depending on the route.
 
Con's
- There was no need for that sheep movie more than once.
- Could be too SoL-ish if you expect more spooky stuff. 

 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Art; its Miko, they did an excellent job as always. What's there to complain?
The after story CG's did look a bit... different but it was a cute style.
 Seiyuu cast is a mix of familiar voices and some new ones!
no one was an absolute fav but its always nice hearing IshiKai.
BGM was mostly pretty good, it had a few good jams and it suited the setting. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Sullyland is a mystery otome game with an eerie vibe.
Ninomae Joe's the assistant director, the main one seems pretty new.
Basic plot: Prepare for the festival and hang with your friends by day
and be forced to play unsettling games at night, courtesy of a QB.
In doing so everyone reclaims or faces? their memories.
 Most routes focus on the LI's problem without the games, there are signs of a greater whole
but much like other otome games this isn't really touched upon till the final route(s). 
 
Heroine; Amane  is pretty decent, thoughtful and speaks her mind.
I can't see much wrong with her. She carries or navigates herself thru situations very well.
Her past however seems to be buried and after the initial two routes you can see
some truths slowly start to leak out but none of it made sense yet. (But why tho?) 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
System: It has some point and click minigames but other than that its mostly a straight-forward VN. 
While the ones in the common route can be a hassle, the ones during the routes
were mostly simple stuff where you examine objects in the room.
If there's any minigame I liked in particular it would be the escape room
and the one in chapter 4 of Ryokuha's route, that was nicely done.
It felt a bit experimental and they could have definitely done more with it
There's a normal and a easy mode with hints. As well as ''scenario'' which skips it...
I didn't have any issues with it but I understand why some people
may not want to bother so its a good thing there is a scenario mode.
While the common route has fail ends this game has not many random bad ends. 
Each character has three endings Catharsis, Lunatic and nightmare with the latter two
being considered bad outcomes. Ryokuha is an exception and has no nightmare ending. 
 
The language difficulty is definitely intermediate, there were moments
you had to input japanese text to answer things. It should be accessible to learners. 
 
Sullyland is a long game, it took me 55-60 hours to clear all routes.
 A mystery doesn't need to be long but I did enjoy spending more time
with everyone and this was more descriptive than MiraMys ever was.
Common route took me 8ish hours maybe? that was done across two days
and I play casually with breaks, I didn't lose sleep over this.
 The routes were about 8-9 hours as well. Fast readers finish quicker of course
but it felt it had the same volume as Crazy Chain.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Overall it is interesting but... it may not be for everyone
particularly those who are looking for edge over sweetness.
That aside I still think it is a good pick for if you're in the mood for
something with a highschool setting that has an eerie vibe. 
Ninomae Joe may have rediscovered his childhood friends phase...
can't be a coincidence both his recent games have an entire cast of them.๐Ÿ’€ 
It has this small town in its setting where its not unusual people
just knew eachother. I did think its a bit convenient.๐Ÿ˜… 
The early hours felt like a class reunion of a bunch of people who hadn't gotten
together in a while. I didn't feel a particular strong attraction to most except Tera or Shiima.
Most LI's really seem normal... and then there is Neo.  
Neo's the only one that really made me think yea how about no. ๐Ÿ˜”
This was definitely a game with some stakes, if they didn't participate
in Shiro's game(s) and gather the memory pieces things looked pretty grim
but not all of it was that edgy. Shiro's games got on my nerves tho.๐Ÿ˜“
The lunatic or nightmare ends felt like classic stuff as far as yandere goes.
Some LI's weren't that much of a yandere which for me is a relief, as the trope is repetitive. 
It felt like they decided to combine fact and dark from over requiemz into
one thing with the catharsis ending being the best outcome.
Sullyland's full potential isn't seen till you get to Shiima and Ryokuha's route.  
Imma be blunt: The common route was rather oldschool, there was a pattern.
 It did add quality time between MC and the characters, there was foreshadowing for
their route.  Its Reminiscent of Enchante's common route due to pace and length.
Parts of the past become more clear as it went on, an interesting ride to say the least.
The first time they got a crystal back I was like, that's cute but this can't be all right.
Ofc it wasn't. Due to the pattern I got tired and at times tuned out. Nothing a break can fix.
Most of the times I tuned out were during slow investigation scenes. 
I am glad its more descriptive so it doesn't feel like its over in the blink of an eye.
I actually got to see most of what I wanted as well as some shit without
wondering if it could have gone differently, its a well-rounded work!
--- 
I will say I did think Sullyland would be edgier but it felt rather normal. 
Those hoping for edge, it is definitely there but it takes time to cook, the entire route.
 I mean there's definitely horrific details in here but they will be revealed at the right time.♥ 
Felt it was intended like I definitely fell for Tera over the course of my first play
and I would forgive any sins that could happen. ๐Ÿ˜… Tera's route did feel weak in terms
of overall plot  but its backed up by his development that I was reminded of Riku from OlySoi.
Kiseki was a surprise for me, I didn't think I'd even like him and his route fit in better thematically
unfortunately I could not enjoy Kiseki's bad ends as I lack the chain fetish for it.๐Ÿ˜”
My feelings for Neo can barely be put into written form, its like math lady.gif 
Shiima rose to best boy status faster than a rocket could launch.♥ 
Ryo is great but... his route was a bit difficult, I loved his catharsis ending tho.
My fav's are 10/10's but overall the game fell into an 8.7/10. 
My complaints range from there being too much of a pattern and repetition
but eh the vibes, general narrative & individual struggles were still strong.
I'd say this was as enjoyable as TengoStray, atleast for me. both games
got the same issue of saving a lot of the important narrative for later.
    Sullyland is an otome game before anything else, it does have edge and
eerie vibes but tbh If you come here for only horror you may be disappointed. 
Feels like I rambled enough already but it was a long game... so allowed. 
- 
Therefore I recommend Sullyland to those who like a well-cooked
character driven mystery with a good dose of sweetness!
It may not be for you if you prefer shorter to the point stories.
 
 ----
Sullyland will likely be localized, I see no reason why it can't and next
to crazy chain i'd say there's not much competition besides unlogical maybe.
There aren't much contents to worry about but there are definitely some horrors to uncover.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Recommended route order:
Tera / Kiseki > Neo > Shiima > Ryokuha.
This game has a highly restrictive order and only has Tera and Kiseki initially available.
Its okay to interchange Tera and Kiseki as you like since the rest is so forced as it is.
 
Kiseki: Fits the overall theme better than Tera, keeps the eerie feel throughout.
Tera: Slowburn and softer route mostly focused on his personal problems.
Neo: Unlocks after Kiseki and Tera.
Shiima: Unlocks from Neo.
Ryokuha: Needs Shiima so there's no choice here but last.
 
My play order: Tera > Kiseki > Neo > Shiima > Ryo. 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character rambles + some of my fav CG's after the jump so if you don't
want spoilers of any kind then stop reading here, thanks.
Its just incoherent grandma rambles and it gets worse the more routes I do. ๐Ÿ’€
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Higana Tera.
CV: Tamaru Atsushi.
 Shy and awkward guy, he seemed likable but I had no idea
if that would last up till the end. Apparently he is a vtuber; Yami.
Online he has a completely different personality which was a fun aspect to his character.
Vtuber-kun stole my heart with ease, I wanted to do his route asap.๐Ÿ˜„
Tera's route started out a bit wangsty, seeing him sad makes me sad but he does
know he can rely on Amane. The burden of being chosen for the Cicia role
  is almost too much for him. He also harbors a lot of guilt over past events
as well but some of his memories much like everyone elses are still missing.
So he even worries about them seeing his past. He was a bit like a black sheep
and was bullied excluded after some stuff happened which affect him today.
Strangely enough he can act normally if its behind his virtual persona
or he doesn't have to look people in the eye but he seems to get better, slowly.
His past is kinda typical and I was upset he was blamed for things
that weren't fully his fault which further led him to being who he is now.
I don't want to say too much but I liked how they bonded, it was sweet!
there's a lot of attention to detail but I did think it was a bit too slow for me.
Not all of it was as interesting but the reveals still hit quite a bit.
Tera's route is carried by his own developments and how he opens up to Amane.
It was beautifully depicted.
Some developments actually made me mad like Tera just can't catch a break
like legit the reveal of that was almost unbearable to watch.
It reminded me of Koyo from 9rip but worse somehow.
Needless to say I still enjoyed it and Tera is definitely best boi!
unfortunately I thought the overall plot took way too much of a backseat
like I almost thought that nonsense was over and got too comfortable.
The scene of him trying to confess was adorable, oh there's so many little scenes I like. 
The majority of Tera route just felt like any other otome which is good in a way
its just that I expected more... edge you know? is this even the same game I started?!๐Ÿ’€
What can I say that this was a self-contained route with a focus on romance?
overall plot?! what plot! yea... I almost forgot about that.
Its not really till the end the narrative got its grip on me again like in the beginning.
That sheep movie got on my nerves tho, if I see it one more time!๐Ÿ˜ 
Not naturally a yandere though... he's too sweet for that I blame the influence of the app. 
The conclusion was good but the sad part about Tera's character was how naive he was
but I guess if you're weak-willed you may want to reach out to a low hanging fruit like that app.
So he is not to blame but whoever made that... thing. Its hinted at who it was
but nothing was properly explained at to what there aim was.
The best end ended in satisfying manner. I can't complain about that.
The epilogue was a nice touch it felt like a new start for them both.๐Ÿ˜Š
Tera kinda went yandere in the lunatic end... which was certainly a possibility
and they woke up in Enchante. Or is it heaven?! idk. whatever my dudes. Peace~
For the record, I don't consider Tera a true yandere! dude was under influence
that made him that way, other LI's actually got that edge more. 
Nightmare was the worst possible outcome... this is where all the edge went
but it was buried under 10ish hours of normal otome game contents.๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ 
How long do you let it cook? the entire route more or less.
 8/10 
Tera's route is not a route to look for answers but it can be enjoyable for what it offers
and the majority just felt like a normal otome to me, sorry.
NGL the narrative within this route of the friendship (if you can call it that)
between Tera and Mei pisses me off so much. I see the heroine of Mistonia in Mei
which isn't so weird because its the same writer! Tera must be edward cuz he deserved better.
The only reason my rating of this route is high is cuz I adore Tera
and imma be happy for him in the best end!๐Ÿ’•
*Rating this route was difficult... since chara wise he's a 10/10
however route wise this just sticks around an 8/10.*
~ 
 
Takanashi Kiseki.
CV: Yamashita Seiichirou.
 YamaSeii known for hit otome game roles @ Matsurika & Crazy Chain!
gonna be a miracle if he turns out okay but its always a treacherous path with this guy.
I started calling him Kiseki-kun which as a trails fan felt kinda cursed.
Kiseki seemed rather chill, Outside of his route I didn't think much of him.
His trauma stems from his family, his mother has mental health issues
and is forced to stay in one of those psychiatric wards. She divorced his father.
    Much like last route most of the route is spend getting his memories back
and investigating wtf happened that put his mom in the state that she is.
Its pretty obv that ??? is like plotting shit but his ultimate goal remains a mystery.
I thought this route was better at keeping the eerie vibe as well as keeping it balanced
with some romance which felt slightly more aggressive than in Tera's.
The confession came early to which Amane isn't sure yet. (Lemme do a raincheck)
Apparently it was love at first sight but he just wanted to get it off his chest.
Other than that I didn't find it that interesting, I liked how open Kiseki was
about his feelings and didn't force it while remaining friendly when going back
to the investigation.  This made him a total greenflag. ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ‘
Unfortunately his mom was a total redflag and he saw it all...๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ’€
I'd say part of uncovering this was interesting but not all of it.
Kiseki trying to play it cool while it obviously affects him bothered me.
Amane being haunted by a nightmare was unsettling too
so... overall i'd say Kiseki route fit the game's overall theme more.
Now not to say Tera's route is bad but... the majority felt like a normal otome.๐Ÿ˜…
Oh boy... YamaSeii chara's have been a miss for me but its a miracle! Kiseki's working out.
What's in a name...? goodness gracious i'm crying and its only ch3.
Anything could happen but i'm so sold.
Sadly Kiseki did exhibit some of the same traits as his mom which is only normal
he like can't stand it if the one he likes interacts with other dudes
and has massive abandonment issues. 
Tho it was a misunderstanding, the attraction they had around ch4 was intense
and it was pretty much mutual at that po--- speaking of intense so where the ghouls
I swear to got they got me this time.  Kinda glad no sheep videos
had to play cuz they got on my nerves last route.
Basically boils down to facing his fearful thoughts, ??? was being cryptic
but also helpful you really can't tell with this guy.
His own feelings for Amane are his worst enemy, it was interesting him facing that.
Getting so possessive he goes after the others cuz he is convinced they will come for Amane.
Kiseki I appreciate it but why tho?! ๐Ÿ˜ญor more like who asked?!๐Ÿ’€
The best end was okay he confronts his parents cuz he found out the whole truth.
Tho his mom is the one who is affected the most. It started to feel like a persona game
since she isn't able to face reality and her own shadow. Kiseki obv got thru to her
but I don't really like it. The mom's condition reminds me of dementia.
There was hope for her likely cuz it wasn't advanced. All's well that ends well.
In the lunatic end Kiseki goes full yandere and there's just no stopping him
or getting through to him. They're not a problem if they're dead.
Elishka says its disappointing and the world pretty much went to shit.
Not that any of that matters to Kiseki since he has what he wants. >_>
Kiseki keeps her in his room because where else is safe? such a classic ending.
Adding to this, I don't really like yandere esp not this type.
I don't have enough chain fetish for this one, may it find its audience elsewhere! 
Nightmare wasn't much better really so I will spare you.
Tera was a bby in comparison, Kiseki is the real live one. ๐Ÿ’€
  8.5/10 
ANYWAY the best end is a good one as it fully resolved his character arc.
 Kiseki may be a bit too clingy for my tastes but his route? it was good. For a starter!
Much like Tera its self-contained to his own issue while brushing over things
while Kiseki nails the mystery aspect more, I don't think its much better than Tera's.
Character wise, Tera wins me over but route wise I like Kiseki more... does that make sense? 
 ~
 
 
 
Azumi Neo.
CV: Saito Souma.
 Neo seemed ''aight'' unfortunately  there's moments the vibe is just off with this guy.
Can be dependable but ultimately I can't decide whether or not I liked him...
Neo can be a wingman but in his own way, some stuff never changes really.
There's something about Neo that just doesn't click with me. Like a part of him seems
down-to-earth and a bit trollish. There's some hint of darkness. So I am just a bit idk.
As a friend I think Neo is great but the problems start when it gets into romance.๐Ÿ’€ 
Neo's reaction to being chosen for the role was just like ....oh.
At this point you know the gist of it, everyone is there to support their mission
to avoid impending doom by gathering the rest of Neo's memory pieces.
Oh for the love of god... Seems he was a survivor and he has some guilt over
playing with fire as a kid due his amnesia so he starts to think its related.
Anyway Neo is actually quite human, he may be a bit of a troll but he's very
charming and that is exactly why he is dangerous. Neo is like a yellow flag.๐Ÿšฉ
Amane is just like popcorn to Neo like he even admitted it how much
he enjoys poking her to see the reactions. Since she's so cute he wants
to see more faces so then he kissed her which made her mad. (understandable)
They didn't talk normally for a bit but I could start to smell the yandere in ch2
which is a first usually it took a bit, Maybe the pot already burned on the stove.
Wtf is this smell?! ๐Ÿ˜‘
OH turns out he kissed a random girl too and when they confess he rejects them saying
they're better as friends. Don't worry he's super serious about someone right now.
ABSOLUTE DUMPSTER FIRE. The fire just won't go out with this one.
Oh nonononoNON~~ he's just a walking red flag now the subtle cues just seal it.
 Neo's past is rather sad tho... he was such a cute kid too. He could never!
That... confession scene though reminded me of Kyouya from Wakudeki.๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’€
Now that I think about it he's a bit of a Koala too and I resonate with I probably like Neo.
Tho I was wondering when shit would brick... we dating?! too good to be true man.
None of the girls thought he would ever... don't worry he'll turn them all down. 
Saki starts acting weird for some reason and I am like what? Neo acted
so cheerful after that incident, like he didn't just almost die.
Some of Neo's reasons are really pure but if it was Amane that got hurt
that triggers him. Since it should be him that destroys her. Uegh nasty. 
Turns out UchiYu ''???'' triggered Saki which made her filled with anger since
her mom died back then if that hadn't happened she'd likely not care that much.
''???'' is just a freaking terrorist at this point ISTG. 
Turns out some guy tried to adopt the kids at the orphanage but they're part
of some no good organization; a cult dedicated to the gods of sullyland.
Neo gaslights himself into thinking his manager has nothing to do with it
while he is actually the most SUS guy as all evidence point to him.
He felt betrayed when Tart was chosen over him and a part of him died that day.
The darkness inside of him just creeps out, its gotta be Amane to be with him FOREVER.
...He almost murders her but he realizes he's become twisted.
Amane forgives him and Neo just becomes like a puppy that realizes he shouldn't bite.
LMAO she has him on a leash. Everything will be fine so long she's all for him.
The finale was quite explosive, felt like a nightmare and I want out.
Running thru the flames being chased by a yandere BF. I can't with this.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ’€
Amane realizes there's no way she can't love him so she saves him in the past.
For the best outcome you have to wait for the correct choice to appear. 
So uh she saved them in his memories which saved him in the present. UwU
The yandere has been banished and Neo regained his sanity. All's well that ends well.
His past wasn't as bad as he thought but... he kept getting the wrong idea. Sad.
The epilogue was really sweet, Neo finally coming to terms with everything.๐Ÿ‘Œ
I don't even like yandere that much but I thought the narrative here was good
and it left me satisfied even if the LI isn't for me. Atleast Neo had a good end.
Moral of the story is your thoughts aren't always correct and may even become
twisted about it. Memories can be faulty especially so as they age.
They can also malform because of the perspective of what others view as true. 
Lunatic is just a continuation of the nightmare chase
except that she gets caught.
Amane gets severe burns and ends up paralyzed. Neo loses his role and the worlds merged.
She hates the state she is in, don't worry Neo loves her a bit too much.๐Ÿคฎ
Nightmare END wasn't much better but he seemed to have some regrets here
and this was of his own making. They made it extra horrific but atleast
it fit the narrative and this is what I mean by well written tragic ends!
What do you mean its possible for  a LI to have a good end and a well written tragic end?!
I'm horrified! never thought it would be possible but if you try anything can happen. 
8/10(best end) 3.5.10( Lunatic) 7/10/(Nightmare)
I think Neo is totally cool if you go for the best end, he just flies off the rails in the bad ends.
Now this is the type where its okay to get mad if they disregard your boundaries
and wtf was that Lunatic end otomate?! oh well I guess some people may eat that up
even if it not me. I can't tell if he's genuinely doing it for popcorn or cuz he likes you.๐Ÿ˜–
Oh I thought he was fine at some point but after mid ch4 I was like nah
and my feelings for Neo just go back and forth to maybe and no thanks.๐Ÿ˜…
Feels bad man, I lowkey would stay with him too. I'm chained to Tera sorry Neo. 
I'm going to leave Neo to the audience that wants him, please adopt a Neo today!
He's a good boy I promise! 
Neo is the only LI where I felt rating the individual endings separately since for
most others I just... combine it into the rest of the route but dat shit was disgusting.
If that wasn't enough this route has some brutal fail ends right at the end...
that are forced on any that aren't patient enough.๐Ÿ’€
~
 
Tatewaki Shiima.
CV: Ishikawa Kaito.
 Shiima seems nice and responsible. Always thinking about others.
Due that my opinion of him was more positive than most others.
Basically Shiima carries Neo's down-to-earth vibe but without the stuff that makes me wary.
Well after the last route bad ends I am definitely in need of a responsible guy
to sooth me from the horror. Aaaa~~ Shiima's so nice.
The plot was surprisingly to the point, well atleast we find out why
he was investigating very early. Not everything but it cleared up a lot.
ISTG the moment I landed in Shiima's route I ascend to heaven like oof he's everything.
It was worth suffering through 2 routes before his.
Okay i'll calm down but I feel so incredibly alive right now. Just gonna hope
he keeps on being okay but who am I kidding.๐Ÿ’€ Its only chapter 1.
I generally liked the route in how we investigated whatever Shiima was looking for
and  while it seems Shiima's motivations aren't entirely pure I did fell for him more.
The writer nailed the vibe and mystery aspect of this route while not forgetting the romance.
๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ’—
 On the other hand this dude be plotting to kill whoever the fuck is responsible
and most of the vibes with him are chill. I kinda like it, its sexy AF.
Nvm my hysteric laughing fit๐Ÿ˜‚ when they had to bring in Tera to examine
the adress bar only to figure out they ended up on the dark web.
Akihito knew to much about the very things they're now involved in. 
Shiima is very determined and he actually reminded me of Crow
like deadset on getting revenge on the one who took your fathers life.
I thought it was scary that Shiima didn't want to involve her too much.
Oh of course this triggers some sort of yandere instinct like him
wishing she wouldn't abandon him for the bad stuff he is going to do.
Ayame tries to respect his decision to go alone one time
but ends up bringing it in a way he seems okay to bring her along.
The stuff they investigate ends up being oddly relevant
to the stuff they're involved in now. Shiima's dad knew to much
so he gave the charm to his son just incase something happened.
The cicia stuff is some weird ass sacrificial ritual which sorta checks out.
I felt bad for this poor old man who has to scratch his head over ancient history.๐Ÿ’€
Though also glad he kept note of all that stuff. That shack was dusty AF.
So dusty Elishka felt like sharing her dark past cuz they had come this far.
H00mans were forced to sacrifice one of the twins born every once in a while
to atone for the sin of going after the goddess heart. This would calm the gods
to the extent that they will leave em all be. That means... this may be one of those times
but... who are the twins this time then?! Ayame's sister is already missing
and actually I suspect ??? to be related to Ayame too cuz of his eye colour.
Well... memories can be faulty the game has told us that much.
Tho I think he is an asshole for never saying anything seems he's under NDA.๐Ÿ’€
I liked how Shiima said he wanted to be a novelist one day and write
a story of his own even if he doesn't know what now.
They had a little accident and were put into an awkward position
the CG was amazing omg. I am dying and going to heaven.
Without context it can look like smut but it was really sweet (what else is new).
This lead to him finally confessing, after everything I'd see no reason not to reciprocate.
As for the culprit I shall not name them, I didn't even fully suspect them
but... I did think he was avoiding the hard stuff in the beginning of the route.
I think its disgusting how he just acted those 10 years, like bruh.
Oh Shiima was furious alright he has every right to be.
Shit now I also imagined a scenario of Osborne adopting Crow and him
breaking bread with him till he finds out what he did way later than usual.๐Ÿคฎ
Kinda peak but also just gives me a bad taste like remembering coffee is bitter.๐Ÿ’€ 
Amane is like a light to him to save him from the darkness that is consuming him.
NDA-kun seems to want someone to hurry up and join him in ZZZland.
The final chapter felt like all the knots untied in good and bad ways.
Shiima seems like he too falls into the yandere zone but... not completely
or more like he's hanging on by a thread from losing his shit. I actually like this.
Their relationship makes me want to get married already. 
When they confront the criminal they try to keep up their facade and brush off
everything as delusional. It takes Shiima to confront him for it to break.
The whole thing was nearly unbearable to watch honestly.
I liked how everyone worked together like a team, made it feel like a true end
which it wasn't since there is yet another route. They digged even deeper into
the bad guy and this felt a lot longer than other routes. The reason of Shiima's
revenge was understandable, tho he seemed like a scale that constantly shifted
from fucking murder the guy to wanting a reasonable solution for Amane's sake.
Is this what it feels like being in love with a terrorist?! Hmm... if it Shiima I like it.
The bad guy trying to beg in front of his superiors was hilarious they actually
said he was the suspicious dude here and left him cold. Tho in the end its prolly
them seeing him as a weak link so they decided to abandon him.
this made villain-san lose his mind and wants to take everyone with him.๐Ÿ’€
Shiima gave up on revenge thanks to Amane. Bad guy got no redeeming qualities
somehow he kept getting worse and worse. So I was like Shiima as you like.
Their last words made me Uegh like don't compare Shiima to yourself.
Amane was good here in trying to keep Shiima sensible but... I honestly
didn't care how it happened but that was something else. Not bad tho.
I actually like how they decided to write their own future, nice touch.
After the shit that happened there, Unicorn Land ended up getting demolished
but before that happened they went to visit one more time. To settle their thoughts
as well as in hopes that it may give them a clue for the final piece.
Shiima is a little afraid but he has Amane next to him, I ship it so much.
His real fathers last words were a few words of wisdom, so all's well that ends well.๐Ÿ’
The sort story was cute, I approve of the hat. MiMem! miuMem memem~~.
I absolutely adore Mem from star rail so this CG... its like cherry on top.
Now that I think about it... the ending did feel kind of familiar. 
 Lunatic end: I kinda half expected this... Shiima gets his revenge the way he wanted.
This actually feels like a good end. Nonono actually yes, uh no this is great.(losing it)
Erm now that I am done wheezing i'd say this ending is subjective depending on how u think.
Oh... they banged afterwards too. So uhm yea subjective BEST end.
Elishka doesn't think so... but hey I hope they're happy in Sullyland.
Not a bad lunatic end at all... I kinda like it wtf is wrong with me?!๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
Nightmare end lived up to its name atleast... this is the worst outcome.
Everything is fine just don't get on his bad side. I will take the best end why thank you!๐Ÿ’€
The worst part about this is Shiima knows its bad so he freaks out at her and himself.
Shiima has enough of it he's too nice for this. Too horrified to write anything else of this. 
9.5/10 
Probably one of the few routes that pushed some buttons in me
I guess I just like bad guys or anti-hero trope, its hopeless.
Nothing about was that edgy but...  holy shit this route felt like
a mystery novel where you uncover the horrors of some rural town. ๐Ÿ˜จ
It great but its sad how... the other routes just felt like a bunch of self-contained stuff.  
To some extend even Shiima feels that way, it just went deeper into core issues. 
I'm glad Shiima wasn't that bad as a yandere, he just felt normal
to the point I'd say you really have to push it to perceive him as one.
Shiima does have issues tho... and I like how he overcame them. 
Wow it seems my fav's are mostly normal guys huh?!
Some may not like Shiima or find that he is not yandere enough
or too wishy-washy but I liked that aspect of internal struggle. 
I'm glad not every LI is the same type.
~ 
 
 
Kuga Ryokuha
CV: Ban Taito.
Ma'am your butler is here...
 Ryokuha is voiced by the same guy who voiced Bernard in MiraMys.
Other than that I have never heard him before. In common I could tell they really
tried to push the shipping with him, though in other routes Ryo was like
villager A in every other route, he may help but that about it. 
So like since Shiima's route hit all the right notes and I was satisfied
there are still some things up in the air! Ryo's route is obviously for that!
Or more like our butler has arrived... which means we're going to have one hell of a time.
The start of his route certainly did show his devotion... but I am a bit worried.
Didn't like how they forced us to see the ending of the common---
oh wow would you look at that! someone heard me and deer god omg.๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ’€
This route goes surprisingly hard like it has been holding back or some shit.
Also btw who's route am I on?! ...NDA-kun or Ryo?
NDA-kun calls himself Shiro but Amane seems to have second thoughts of that.
Anyway he's a big fan of nursery rhymes and seems to have an oddly
caring attitude towards Amane which from what we know seems a bit twisted.
The world enters a bit of an unstable state and everyone comes together like usual.
There was no time for pretenses and I kinda liked that but after 4 routes
of mostly the same structure I am kinda glad it broke free of that.๐Ÿ˜Œ
Also new phone who dis?! there's a new transfer student in town and its Sui...
not that I care when I have my hands full with Ryo and NDA-kun.
Instantly popular, Sui tries to get friendly with Amane too but is
instantly stopped by Kiseki.๐Ÿ˜‚ idk why but I got this bad feeling
because he wormed his way into the group like nothing. Who TF is Sui?!
Dude thinks he is the 5th man err I mean 6th no 7th if we count NDA-kun.๐Ÿ’€
??? the heck is going on. Well I do sorta got an idea who Sui is but I have no proof.
Wtf was with this Sui anyway, he just appears gets along with everyone???
meanwhile Amane and Ryo are acting like newly weds...
the world is ending and we're cutting potatoes.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’€ 
Weird rumors spread about Ryo while he and Amane weren't there this makes him stoic
so he brushes her off. Later Shiro bumps into Amane which was like woah.
This moment I suspect Sui to be him like he was about as casual but no. 
If she shows him around town then he'll talk... wow gentle persuasion.
Shiro has no chill and then asks if she has any BF and offers himself for the day.
Wow who am I to refuse such a gentleman... :eyeroll: 
 Shiro actually likes Amane... maybe a bit too much but like why?! who even is he.
He realizes she has someone else in her heart too... which he doesn't like.
Not that he actually told her much but... wew he's going for her heart. 
She talks to Ryo about it, I just noticed his room is really basic btw
like the others would all add their own stuff but Ryo's room is bland.
We know he likes playing the piano but he seems like a simple guy.
Shiro hates Ryo as does Sui who's real name is Kuga Kairi he is willing
to do anything to get Ryo away from Amane. But why tho?!
Anyway they all go to unicorn land and they mostly have a good time
Ryo and Amane really do seem great together. It makes me nervous...
Ryo seems to have this grim monotonous view of the world
not even properly recognizing the faces of his friends
almost as if he's blocking out the noise of the rumors.
Ryo finally meets the transfer student... who he remembers as Kairi
but he seems to call himself Sui now. Ryo excuses himself for the mistake.
Kairi accuses Ryo of his death and taking his place. Sui knows its not weird
for him to be here now that Marenis is in the state that it is. He's here cuz of Shiro
to help him with his ultimate goal. Amane already picks up on this even if
Ryo tries to deny it. So he tells her everything. It was an accident though
now he only lives to atone. Amane seems intended to butt in so then he's like
are you sure you want to get wrapped up in my shit as he kisses her.
Ryo doesn't think of himself as being that nice altho he can certainly be kind.
TBH I just think Ryo is human... either way he can't go up against Amane.
Its pretty obv he's always liked her but he just won't say it... lol. 
 Shiro's becoming a jump scare for real... well he kinda was but he's a real stalker now.๐Ÿ’€
Actually he knows everything but Amane seems to have forgotten.
She vaguely recalls stuff and panic calls which lead nowhere.
They all investigate and Ryo opens up to everyone, he can't see people faces
he figures it must be some kind of curse his family carries but doesn't know why.
For some reason he can see Amane... everyone treats him like a dependable leader
regardless of his past and condition. Kiseki confronts him for his stubborness.
At this point I feel pretty torn between Ryo and Shiro, not sure if it intended
like Ryo wants to be left alone and here is Shiro who's crazy over Amane.
Amane however is pretty insistent and won't give up on her friend
and she ends up confessing to him. She hopes he stops being so emo wreck.
Well anyways he will try his best tomorrow. 
The world slowly just gets worse... and Amane goes back to church with Ryo
everyone seems to like her singing. The priests try to their best to do their jobs
till Sui steps on something to make his grand entrance.
Shiro pops up in his familiar form for a final trial session or more like
they're delivering divine retribution on the church and Ryo specifically.
Kairi was his brother and he hated Ryo so he attempted to kill him to which Ryo
got injured in his left eye. Ryo retaliated and killed his brother in the struggle.
Shiro gives Amane three chances to get a correct judgement. 
Elishka gives them a mirror piece and Shiro allows them to use it
because he isn't that heartless and lets them face the past.
This is all cuz Kairi thought he wasn't needed anymore... which made him angry.
Well the trial minigame in ch4 is a bit difficult since you have to pay attention
to the dialogue, basically you interject Kairi when they say a certain line.
Needless to say Kairi didn't have much to defend himself with so it fell apart quickly.
Ryo knows what he did but he would like to go back to the time they were just brothers.
Those were good times to him, if he didn't get attacked no one would have died.
Ryo has immense guilt over this. I honestly think Sui/Kairi is just an arse at this point.
The thing seemed rigged from the start and then the other four LI get punished
and they all die in their past, removing them from the now.
This was already hinted but now its official, that was the true timeline. 
There's still hope but that requires killing Kairi in the past
so the future he is trying to reach for doesn't happen.
I do pity Kairi a little but he's too much of an arse all around
the drama was kinda painful, if that wasn't enough the truth was even worse.
 After the incident, Ryo's dad took over and sended him away, Kairi wasn't
actually dead yet just unconcious. He figured the curse would take one of his sons
eventually so to prevent this from happening again, Ryo's dad strangled Kairi.
Ryo tried to live to the wishes of his dad from then on. Who fed him half-truths.
Their dad walks in on them looking for Towa... he doesn't believe Kairi is alive now
untill he says he is the son he murdered. Kairi knew he was a fail-son not
being good at anything and that he was hated but he is still like why?! 
Tatsuomi just kills Kairi again. Then tries to take Amane with him too
because she is the Cicia some sort of special existence loved by the gods.
This role fell into the other 4 LI's in their routes but I guess its us now. 
Ryo wants her to trust him as he interrogates his dad which leads to an infodump
of the church's founding. Concerning 2 twins and a sacrifice
well you heard this or some of it in Shiima's route.
Tho 10 years ago there was a mistake which threw everything off balance.
They never figured it was Amane and sacrificed someone else.๐Ÿ’€
Daddy tries to save face by pretending he leaked out the wrong info
so Ryo immediately is like fuck off not gonna let you do what you want.
Daddy starts saying Ryo isn't even human and just a product of their curse.
Ryo is like what did we do to you?! while his dad just wants him to be like a tool.
Then daddy gets stabbed with the knife they got from Elishka by Kairi who still had some
life in him. Kairi admits he hates Ryo but... he couldn't let his dad get away
with whatever it is he was doing now. So he had a change of heart.
All's well that ends well... and the other LI's are saved but there's just one thing.
One final truth they must face, the time they all found a box in the woods.
It was the box that carried Elishka's heart. They have to try really hard
to stop everybody's souls from fading. However they left one person behind.
The guys also got all of their memories back... but that just leaves the big bad
the one who knows all about what Amane forgot. Shiro.
The truth of Ryo is also a bit grotesque... he actually was born unlike others
but I will spare you the gross details. Best boy Tera figures out the reason
Ryo could see only Amane is because she was the one blessed by the goddess.
Ryo has some self-doubt but everyone tells him not to worry about who he is
since they know him as the most reliable senpai there is.
Btw Amane still hasn't replied to Ryo's confession and just then shit hit the fan.
The seal on Shiro was undone but Elishka has faith they all can deal with him.
Shiro ends up revealing himself as Tsuki, Amane's sister.
He is actually her brother but wanted to become like her hench him mimicking
and pretending to be a girl while he is infact a boy. His parents were distraught.
She err I mean he ended up killing everyone that ever bullied her.
Ugh this revelation was so horrific that they really know how to cook
their shit to make it all blow up like an alchemist failing their synthesis!
but somehow it ended up being pretty good anyway.๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
I guess this is where the cover art comes in cuz I feel like that now...
yes I remember now NDA-kun. Their parents moved her away for her own good.
Their mother had massive guilt after Tsuki went missing. He was sacrificed
and all he wants is to be with his sister again in a twisted way.
Shiro went too far in the end. I like how Ryo found his will to life again too
and I realized that each LI's theme comes into play for Ryo as well.
Shiro basically rewrote the world in a way no one knows Ryo. 
Eventually he found her again at the right moment and she listened to everything
he had to say, Ryo confessed again. Amane can't put her finger to it...
she felt like she was waiting for something like this. Shiro tries to interfere.
Ryo reaches out to her and asks her to come back to him and everyone.
Shiro still tries to tempt her too and so there is the option to choose.
 I was a bit confused at first but realistically now that I know I would choose Ryo.
After some struggle they did restore the order of things and all is well that ends well.
 Lunatic end: Shiro doesn't know how to stop and calls Amane back to him at the last moment.
They weren't close enough to the scale so Elishka couldn't help them.
Amane keeps being obsessed with Tsuki but Ryo stays at her side to support her.
She came back but after making out she relapsed so it was a rather sad end.
NDA-kun end: Well of course you can choose him! its not really desired
but hey if you like him you can enjoy the world he so wanted to be with you in!
Amane does feel that something is off but she can't do anything about it.
She has nothing to worry about cuz NDA-kun is with her. He's ultra yandere for her
which makes up for Ryokuha being the most chill lover ever.๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ‘Œ 
Shiro trying his cosplay antics while grown up. Unrelatedly related.
 9/10
There were times I was conflicted of who I should choose but Ryo is best afterall!
Suppose they wanted to give NDA-kun a route too but they like were nah
we will work him into Ryo's route and let the player choose.
Its effective since I don't think you can extend the narrative even further
since it was already repetitive in structure. Overall great route but I do think
that this route and to some extend Shiima's were a bit longer.
The only reason Ryo's route is difficult for me is because of the reveals
it was quite a lot of stuff on top of stuff. I started skimming thru
some stuff near the end and I didn't feel like I missed anything. 
I don't mind that there was no nightmare end because some of the stuff
in the route itself as well as Lunatic end is an absolute nightmare. 
~ 
 
 NDA-kun.
CV: Uchida Yuuma.
Literally me when ??? shows up.
 I expected this ??? guy to a secret route of sorts. It was pretty telling due to him
being placed before the QB character and he has some tokutens+cast comment.
Unfortunately ??? has no route and is woven into Ryokuha's route. The way this guy
showed up in Tera's route among others just gave me more questions than answers.
Even in Kiseki's route he just appears and disappears, being cryptic etc.
Also me calling him NDA-kun is an inside joke cuz he never reveals who he is
in any route except Ryo's, you can't really guess who he is except figure out
that he could be related due to his eye colour or so it was for me.
As well as the fact that memories can be faulty which this game rides on. 
Good news! he has an ending. Most of my impressions of him are in Ryo's section
but I wanted to dedicate this spot for him since... I think he deserved that much.
I like how he had an ending... it worked well with how Ryo's route was presented.
At the end of the day I don't think NDA-kun is for me but he is there if you want to!
LMAO he is really the next in line for being this generations Masato.๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ 
Otomate did it, the next Masato has been born. *loud baby crying noises*
 ~
 
My Fav route:
Shiima > Ryo > Kiseki > Neo > Tera.
Tera had an okay route esp if you like it tame but I think others just rank higher.
If I am biased yea Tera is number 1 in everything except bad ends maybe.
I rank Ryo below Shiima since I thought it slightly overstayed its welcome
but in terms of uncovering mystery, Shiima,Ryo and Kiseki are my top 3 favs.
I will once again let you know Neo-kun is up for adoption! take good care of him. 
 
My Fav character:
Tera & Shiima > Ryo > Kiseki/Neo/???.
I'm Tera's fan even if he has no one else, I stand by Tera! even if I marry Shiima.๐Ÿ’•
  Not sure how to rank most others,  Best end wise I like them all tho...
Not sure about NDA-kun but I will tie him with Kiseki and Neo
so he's under watch 24/7.๐Ÿ˜– I trust Kiseki that much atleast.๐Ÿ˜Œ
 
Bad end ranking in terms of how wild they were:
Neo>Kiseki/Shiima/Tera>Ryo.
Neo had the worst Lunatic end hands down and Ryo had the least wild one
as I just found it sad, everyone else waxed and waned between them. 
  
 
Final Thoughts
Literally how this game felt after seeing the best ends.
 
Well I thought it was pretty ''aight'' but mayhaps my initial expectations
were a bit wrong? there may have been a few pacing issues.
It wasn't as edgy and more sweet than I thought it would be. if you stick
to the best ends that is... lunatic and nightmare go a bit harder.๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
Don't think I hated any LI atleast not from their catharsis ends. ๐Ÿ‘Œ
 The heroine was alright, I already said she navigated the scenario well enough
when she could anyway.  The writer is the same as trouble magia and mistonia
so it makes sense she was pretty okay, I generally liked Amane more than Rose. 
There are heavy themes that can hit hard but it was a surprisingly well-rounded work!
I did find the common route to be a bit... old school with that pattern.
A lot of interesting horrific facts are scattered throughout the game
most of the gruesome stuff is gotten from bad ends with Ryo's route
being the cherry on top, they cooked this shit alright. 
 Its great for those looking for something eerie but its anything but short and sweet. 
These days with high prices, I prefer something than can match it with volume
so it isn't too bad that its a descriptive and voluminous work.
I did think Ryo's route almost overstayed its welcome but... I forgive it. 
Its actually nice pausing and knowing there's still content waiting for you. 
Though I did think there was some padding atleast I could say I felt satisfied
when all was said and done like for example Tera. I don't think this needs a FD.
It would be nice though! 
 I don't really have many complaints other than a pattern similar to
other games in which there is a a true route and everyone else is selfcontained.
Wait that just most otomate games.๐Ÿ˜‘ Okay whatever, business as usual!
Every route does uncover different aspects of the greater whole and the route itself
was relatively unique but there's just this certain pattern that sticks no matter what. 
80% of this game revolves around childhood issues and recovering memories of it
so the first few routes were the most repetitive in that respect. 
The yandere stuff varied a lot though I had trouble seeing Tera as one
so I was glad he wasn't a true yandere but Kiseki yup... definitely is it.
Neo was the smelly type of yandere where you can just smell it.
Shiima? he had a vibe for sure but not 100%. Ryo? no he's chill
because the yandere stuff was reserved for NDA-kun.
~
  Sullyland can be okay if you let it do what its good at but personally
its very easy to have to wrong expectations with this one.
They definitely cooked but it did come with some grievances.
If I put those aside I still think its pretty good, it has a well cooked plot&chara's!

 
 
Well as for what's next, there's no otome that interest me that much.
I'm not a fan of basketball or that big of a hakuouki nerd. 
Aya-Ari is interesting so I will consider but that's far off and too little info.
There's not many RPG I want to play either but it may be good for a change of pace.
I may not get Redive Wonderland... I was interested at first but it seems so... unknown
its been out in korean but it has no ratings on vndb or import reviews. Odd. 
 
Edit: disclaimer and official/vndb links added + minor typo fixes.
Added one screenshot/meme to NDA-kun end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment