Monday, September 21, 2026

Le Mirage Mystique - Review

404 Evan best end not found.
Developer/publisher: Licobits.
Platform: Switch.
Official Site: https://licobits-game.com/mirage/
Release date: 17-9-26.
 
Alright since no other otome interested me besides Sullyland I decided
to get this anyways. Since there aren't any games I felt like I should play.
 
Pro's
- Setting and Characters.
- The story was in most routes was interesting suiting the LI. 
- Gorgeous art and fitting music.
 
Grey area.
- Can feel a bit all over the place. 
 
Con's
- Some routes have potential for more bad ends than there actually are.
- The last 20-30 minutes of Evan's route.
- Can be very short if you're a fast reader and don't take your time. 
 

 
Heroine:
Aria Laprade is an honest to good girl, I admire her courage to investigate on her own!
other than that when she first arrived on the island she striked me as what huh?! image related.
This specifically applies to the ending of Evan route as well.
I mean if I was her I too would have several question marked upon being invited to the island. 
I'd say she's fine, I wish she had a sprite in the corner though.
I would give her the you tried award since, while she isn't physically strong she is mentally
but she is rather meek. She often needs protection. I think that is fine but when I look at
the setting I expected more, she doesn't compare to Mavis but when she slayed she slay'd.
She's capable of taking the lead and be curious but the narrative didn't allow for much more.
Its pretty inconsistent how she developed which depended on the route. 
Leon was right about one thing and she really should be a little bit more selfish. 
 
Art is gorgeous as always, BGM was pleasant but not many wowed me.
I particularly liked the track at the start of Jack's route!
The OP movie is great, though there were a few times I skipped it upon startup.
 
System wise its a standard VN however there is no correct choice indicator aka love catch.
From my first demo play I actually landed on Rudy's route.
I decided to redo and I landed on Charles. I could sorta figure which
choice let to this... and I messed around again and finally triggered Jack.
Honestly it felt rather random in how a route triggered, the LI would suddenly speak up
and things branched off into their route. I didn't experiment further and just went with Jack.
Honestly speaking without a guide its difficult to go for who you want
but in this game it is kinda rewarding to figure out the path on your own. 
Massive respect for guide makers for this game or any without ''love catch'' systems.
A guide is still recommended for a smooth experience of the story. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
 
Overall I found the ''plot'' to be all over the place and depending on which
starter route you land on your experience will be different.
It is a mystery oriented otome game and each routes tackles different subjects
suited to the LI's and they all had different things going on. It all does tie into
the overall plot in their own way so I found it rewarding to keep at it.
Early routes don't reveal too much which is fine with most I was satisfied for what it offered. 
Just doing one route makes this game rather short but fully completing it takes around 35 hours.
The chapter length reminded me of OlySoi and each LI had 8 chapters in total.
Nothing felt like it dragged and I wanted to keep playing like I had some sort of addiction.
My first play was around 8 hours. So its not that long and I thought it was paced well.
I think if you're a fast reader it may be even shorter... so mine is just an average.
I let the voices play and generally had a normal pace while digesting incoming info. 
There aren't a lot of bad ends either each route had only two endings which I thought
was disappointing, some routes do have game over ends but not all of them.
As its a plot-oriented otome, the romance developed alongside it which was okay.
At most I'd describe the romance as cute. Some routes had it better than others
which is in-line with most Licobits titles. In terms of LI's Rudy's the biggest surprise!
didn't expect to like him as much as I did. Charles reminded me of Ikki from Amnesia
for some reason but no one was that awful. I'd say Jack had a good route...
if you don't know anything but Rudy topped it easily.😍
Evan's route started alright its here the story slowly shows its full potential but...
it shat in its own pants in the last 20-30 minutes that I just think its wasted potential.😞
I won't burn this otome at the stake for it  but it did prevent me from rating it highly.
I'd prolly give it 3.5 stars on amazon.
As someone that liked him I am going  to be a little selfish and let it affect my rating! 
7.3/10 
TL;DR I'd say it was pretty good but I found it rough around the edges.
The good part was that I couldn't help but come back for more and explore
other angles even if one of those angles was to be desired, not gonna lie
it felt like they were playing favorites too much.😒
 
 
IDK if this game will get localized but I figure it will have a different name
because whenever I looked it up I get stuff about perfume or cafe's.💀
It probably has a decent chance but I can't be certain. 
 
The JP language level is intermediate, due to high amount of monologues
and unvoiced text I can't recommend it for beginners. It should be fine
for anyone with a solid grasp and want to test out their japanese. 
 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Play Order:
Jack >Rudy >Charles> Evan > Leon.
 
Recommended order:
Charles / Jack > Rudy > Evan > Leon.
The first three routes have no restrictions and I don't think it matters too much
but I think if you did Rudy too soon it may turn into a bottleneck.
 
Charles: Starts out light and flimsy but has surprising depth to it.
Jack: This route is very mystery oriented with some heavy undertones
but it doesn't go too deep into anything so its alright as a starter.
Rudy: Rudy's good for when you want to better understand what is going on.
Despite exposition dumps I found it surprisingly well-rounded in terms of plot&romance.
Evan: Unlocks after the initial three routes.
Leon: Unlocks after Evan so no choice but to do him last.
 
Route babbles after the jump, there are spoilers so be warned!
so if you don't want any then stop reading here. Its just senile grandma rambles. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jack Lester.😑
CV: Suzuki Ryota.
I thought this CG was gonna zoom out but it didn't! :(
 This guy was the most normal LI, he had his own issue going on
but what else is new here? everyone does. 
Jack's route started out the most interesting compared to Rudy or Charles.
This route focuses on a murder mystery as apparently there's a serial killer on the island.
Jack gets suspected of being a serial killer but that can't be true right. 
Jack seems like some ordinary guy but he isn't that poor and before you know it
he's out there looking like some business man.😅💀 Apparently he works
for the police and knows how to blend in with the commonfolk.
Jack deduces there may be some hints from a nursery rhyme and it
also is linked to incidents in london. Rudy wants to work with him.
The group dynamics were pretty barebones... it was pretty slowburn overall
Their bond developed naturally alongside the plot, there were cute scenes but I was
disappointed by how the heroine was barely present in some of the CG's.
A lot of the route is focused on whodunit but they weren't making all that much progress
and honestly while the heroine could seem proactive or tried to help she couldn't do much either.
Someone we knew ended up dying and they're at a loss what to do... due to other perspectives
it suddenly becomes more obvious who it could be which kinda makes sense.
Needless to say Jack and Aria don't know this, just us the player. So its more like an aha moment.
The thing the kids were saying wasn't just their imagination running wild... turns out
Jack's mom was a victim of Jack the ripper which influenced him to becoming a cop.
Aria tries her best to support him in his cause since he can do more than she can. 
He also has developed a little weakness for Aria heheh.
Due the book received from Rudy, Aria was able to use water magic
which was useful against a fire that broke out. 
In the past it is shown someone blames himself for not being able to do anything while a ghoul
ate a girl, the culprit has been using verses of nursery rhymes at the site of the crimes.
By the time of the 7th chapter all fell into place, you may have guessed who it was
since it was obvious someone was being antagonistic towards Jack.
While Jack was grateful Aria tried to protect him with her ''magic''  it is a bit of
a double edged sword so he doesn't want her too. He stays by her side cause he knows
that someone will be coming for that book she received from Rudy.
Jack can't use magic and he knows he can't be a hero but he wants to do something for her.
Aria watched Jack duke it out with his rival buddy who blames Jack for a bunch of shit
in the past where a lot of kids died. Which is why Will is so obsessed with the books.
What happen here is basically fighting a monsters can turn you into one.
In the best end the situation was mostly resolved but Aria still carries a curse
that will eventually kill her. Sergei speaks in riddles and Jack is very determined
to break the curse and save Aria. There is a way but it requires finding something.
Now remember when someone was burrying something in the mountains where
Aria first met Jack? that is where Ulysse buried a book which is the last one.
It was guarded by a golem... but it had a weak spot. Jack made it back in time like
a true hero of the hour. If not for him collecting the missing book she would've died.
In the best end he finally confesses and they officially become a couple. Leon seemed like
he had more to say but it ends up being like i'm happy for you, sorry that happened! bye. 
Jack gets send to paris for his next mission and Mai(Mavis) encourages the both
of them to have a good time there. They both met again when the season changed.
The short story was good at giving us a glimps at their new life together.
TFW you get called an idiot sammich for being proactive with your magical girl powers.
 In the bad end Jack took too long to find the book. Followed a different lead.
Which leads to him running into someone (Zeno) that claims to know him his situation
of being unable to use magic and also knowing way to save Aria. SUS.
Unfortunately this was on the condition this mystery person gets the books.
They end up parting ways but they promise to wait for eachother
and write letters to ease the loneliness. IDK if it was intended but during one of
Aria's lines there was this random voice that said: This is the end, for all.
The text followed later.... which probably means the voice file was misplaced.
Needless to say whatever Jack did implied impending doom for us all.💀 
8/10
The route was great for Jack but it didn't make me very satisfied in terms of the overall plot. 
If anything the mystery was okay since you could actually find out who dun it by paying attention.
It was still rather self-contained to Jack's issues and other things were glossed over
or only reveals one side of it while carefully leaving the rest for others.😥
The romance was okay as they bonded during the story too but there
weren't a lot of super sweet scenes so it could be lacking. 
Aria felt like she was just an innocent bystander in this route who got swept into it.
Its understandable Jack doesn't want her to be involved. She knew her limits but could be stubborn.
The ending was satisfying, yea Jack's not special or anything
but he will do anything for his girl.
 
 Rudy Rochefort.😍
CV: Shimono Hiro.
 Rudy's the law enforcement officer and seems to know the islands traditions
well enough to be able to perform mysterious looking acts.
From Jack's route Rudy is very reliable and I felt kinda bad for him in there...
now I wasn't very attached but my reaction was more shocked. So obviously
I wanted to do his route next but I wondered what it would focus on?!
well its not another murder mystery and I found it more direct in explaining
whatever the heck was going on. I already knew part of this but there's basically
some sort of battle royale going on where people try to get eachothers books.
Whoever gets em all gets their wish granted or something.
Rudy tells her people will come after her again, Aria convinces him to help her. 
One of my favorite scenes was the icecream one, it was refreshing.
Unfortunately due to doing this route second I was constantly side eyeing
certain characters like I know what you did last summer(route).
 Its kinda funny too since I was wondering if they will pull some stunt
and for some strange reason Ulysse became more attractive?!😱💀
Ulysse trying to be nice is kinda cute, it makes me want a route with him.
A lot of the route was magic 101 talk though which was kinda boring.
I thought in terms of romance it delivered more since we had a Jack called Aria cute
but Rudy says you were pretty. Not sure how the other LI's will do but Jack is found in a ditch. 
Bernard is our main opponent this route and Rudy is more than a match for him
but knowing certain things I couldn't help but worry about others.
Bernard ends up getting shot by... a friendly neighborhood cop.
Ulysse seems to be consistent at one thing... and that is being betrayed.
I lowkey felt bad because he hadn't done anything YET. 
 The rest was very casual, more exposition dumps with Rudy getting flustered every now
and then cause oh no! he's so very obviously into Aria who knew how to push his buttons.
I can't decide if he's a tsundere or a dandere but definitely not a kuudere.
Other than that I found it to be too calm... Jack has been busy, they try to get in touch
with Mavis but Serge got there first who seemed to try to start something.
I knew from Jack route he knows stuff and maybe even too much... Rudy figured out
Serge lost his magic powers; to protect himself. He leaves with potential
or more like he doesn't want to fight in the hotel and make a mess.
Rudy also tells Aria about how he lost his mom 10 years ago during some incident
that involved some strange experiments. He didn't know what was going on
but he bit his tongue and stayed silent till morning. He knew Sergei was involved.
Rudy never told anyone else about this... why? because he trusts her.
Sergei's doing things to protect the island which is keeping it in a loop.
He has some... grey morals, doesn't seem like he has long due to coughing up some blood
much like Aria's health declining in Jack's route. They're no sure whether to trust him
and then he says he doesn't actually like fighting or wars. He just thinks its a necessary evil.
Rudy asks if his mom was a necessary sacrifice to which Sergei admits it which enrages Rudy.
Sergei basically commited mass murder for research. Rudy defeats him after some struggle
and in the end Sergei believed he was doing the right thing to protect what he anted to protect.
He is somewhat relieved Rudy managed to do just that too. Rudy doesn't want to hear it from him.
In the ending they get VIP seats in the theater. Leon is seen moping around but finds the result
satisfying suiting his own needs?! oh okay then. Can't wait for your route mister meet potential.💀
I say this because he's just sorta around but never does anything despite being capable.
Things get mushy between Aria and Rudy confess their feelings.
You can build an office building between their heads in that CG though. /s.
Aria still returned to Paris but he will wait till she visits Mirage again...
The short story acts as an extension of this and had it not been there i'd be disappointed.
Of course Aria came back to him and to Rudy she's only become more beautiful.
Though not seeing her in a while only increased the awkwardness.
You can build the eiffel tower between their faces.💀
The bad end sucked though... even tho they lived Sergei got what he wanted.
They try to figure out how to go from here and Evan knew where he was so he informed them.
Sergei doesn't understand why they try to stop him now he's got all the books
so he tried to continue what he was doing and Evan's all sussy and just watched. 
Evan saw how Serge keeled over, then commented it was like god had a grudge
and its just common sense really. Rudy sees Aria's body... ah yea Evan's right. 
9.5/10 
I loved Rudy's route because it was very no-nonsense and it made me understood
things a little better but I also felt it didn't do more than needed either.
As a LI Rudy's very okay👌due him getting flustered I thought he was a tsundere.
Shimono-san compliments Rudy's character very well with his voice. 
I think its impossible not to like Rudy even if he starts out a bit cold and distant he means well.
I thought Rudy had a better CG selection than Jack as well... if Rudy has anything
going against him its that his route is an exposition dump.💀
 
 Charles Paladill sauce.🚩
CV: Fukuyama Jun.
 A famous actor, I had a feeling this guy kinda knew more than he let on
and that the play is actually related to the island quite a bit.
I didn't want to do this route as I am kinda done with this type... 
he has a lot of work to do to convince me he's worth it.
I don't mind lowering my standards a lil cuz Rudy set it too high...
so far I like that he is a romantic which let to some nice scenes.
Despite the flirtations at times he seemed really grounded like he understood the meaning of life.
Oh shit... Charles route is actually pretty good,I found it red flaggy how he tried to convince
Aria so soon. Looks like he is combat capable, and knows how to throw a knife or three
well anyway I feel safe with him... for now. Anyway Aria gets into his fanclub so the
 all go view his next play. I am reminded of Ikki from Amnesia but they're nice girls.😌
Evan creeped up on them and I took it personally. Ah so he's a man of culture as well I see.
Unfortunately he can't keep his mouth shut and does a PSA about what the play is about.💀
Other than that I don't find this route to that interesting but it does seem to hint at stuff.
This route much like Jack doesn't seem to focus on the book stuff atleast not right away
but it also wasn't a murder mystery.The battle royale was still going on and the fangirls
noticed things and freaked out about seeing those ghoulish things.
Charles seems to knows stuff and Aria slowly becomes aware of things, he lets her know
that he too is a participant. Which is likely why he got injured a route prior.
Charles makes it clear he has no intention of hurting others.
One of the fangirls missed meetings so they guessed they were just sleeping in, they
eventually awoke, they seemed dazed but not able to speak or recall what happened. 
 People keep randomly running into Ghouls and getting ko'd... and I am like but why?!
Leon seemed to also have forgotten he expressed his worry over girls passing out one time.
Very SUS situation we got here! the person who passed out this time is a fellow actor.
So he asks Aria to help him out since he can't do the next act alone, Aria couldn't
say no and then he gave her a look that stunned her for a second.😅
 Record scratch freeze frame, how did I get into this situation?!
Of course Aria did well with the performance, even Bernard noticed her.
They already get mistaken for lovers but they're friends because Charles like
the manwhore he is is everyones lover, he won't give himself just to one person.😑
The thing that was most interesting is the random ghoul Ko'ing people.
I was waiting for things to happen or for the pace to pick up which it did.
I mean we know he is part of ''the game'' but he is more busy with acting...
oh no there's actually much more to him because its 1917 now but there was
someone named Charles Paladier in the 18's. That can't be right even Aria is like
that would make him over 100 years old?! wtf is he a demon?! 💀💀💀
 Bernard tries to warn Aria to be careful of Charles and that he is dishonest.
She tries to get more info out of the fangrils and they don't see much out of the ordinary.
I didn't like Charles pretending everything is fine, he said he doesn't like a troubled look
on Aria's face. Charles shows her his book and is very open to her since he doesn't
like the troubled look on her face.  All this felt like either Charles is being framed
or he really is hiding something but is playing nice. Eventually the ghoul problem
couldn't be ignored anymore and Rudy was around to deal with them too.
There was something odd about Ahes and in a split second Aria was launched into one of them!
Charles acted quickly but... that scared me, either way the ghouls were dealt with.
Ulysse walked in like he did a job well done. Okay... it wasn't you right? okay he yet lives.
Rudy asks them to come this way, well okay officer. He figures they have the books
but Charles refuses to hand it over and promises to bring the other two.
Rudy insists to not take it lightly since in the wrong hands it could spell disaster.
Rudy asks what his wish is and Charles doesn't have anything other than wanting to die.
Which means... that he might actually be the Charles from a 100 years ago that can't die or something.
Completely understandable! Rudy is a bit rude and says that he can just do that anytime.💀💀💀
The shades seem to also have the ability to affect memory since Leon forgot some stuff
so if you got hit then you have a few holes.(Like my write-up here) Rudy eventually
releases them but he still has his eyes on them and doesn't fully trust Charles.
At this point our manwhore seems drawn to Aria but that could just be her nature. 
I'd say there is some kind of romance in their encounter, ah maybe
he is right about it being destiny. I still don't know if we can trust him.
Didn't he say he was going to take care of the books why was he being so chummy?!
Rudy noticed so he came to remind him to have a sense of urgency.
Bernard seems to think of himself as a real Paladilhe so he is annoyed
by this farce called Charles so no wonder why he tried to set him up.
He wants to restore the name and is incredibly butthurt how he is misusing their magic.
Aria covers for him and calls Bernard out for making an issue out of a non-issue.😂
Doesn't stop Bernard from shooting, they are able to keep Rudy on their side
but he finds the situation problematic which it kinda is.
Charles actually noticed right away what it was about but he kept it to himself.
ISTG I want to grab him by the collar and shake him violently!
Aria has already fallen head over heels for him... and  well I don't dislike him
but uhm while I find some part of it interesting it just didn't do much for the overall plot.
Charles tries to undo the damage Bernard tried to inflict by framing him
and no he isn't some monster just a wandering soul who can't die.
There's some self-loathing too due to carrying the paladilhe name but not fully.
Charles suspects Leon from sending Bernard at him but he seems to deny the allegations.
It doesn't stop Leon from noticing Aria and Charles getting along so Charles rubs it into his face.
Leon just gasps and smiles softly before saying he carries one of those as well.
One  day one of the shadows turned out to be another Aria, Charles deals with it
but its funny to see Sergei at this point like I know what you did last summer(route).
Oh turns out Ulysse is still alive, amazing! he's breaking his streak.
Things get a bit sad as Charles gets into a situation where he may lose his voice
similar to what Aria experienced in another route. Maybe he will have his wish
fulfilled afterall he will try his best till he faces Bernard. Aria asks if he can trust
her and well they're lovers and partners so he shares his book with her.
Charles ends up leaving it in her hands and walks off before realizing he'd rather
spend the night with her. Dude is so whimsy but I should be glad he came back, lol. 
He's oddly aggressive so I couldn't help but wonder if this is really him
especially what happened with the shade a while back, he seems to be
very insistent on spending the rest of his time with her.
Then starts saying he doesn't care about the theater and I was like yea right.
Aria realized it too and the real Charles wouldn't say something like that
so who is this? turns out is another shade. I dislike we got a CG with that. Wtf...
I'm starting to suspect Leon for some reason trying to score a feat since he's been at 0.
Okay he wouldn't fall that low right? they deduce it was Bernard so Charles suggests
she stays with him tonight. Who's to say he is not a shade too. I am paranoid now.😨
Not to worry Aria slept well that night but that doesn't help me.
They finally find Bernard and his horde of shades, i'm sorry for doubting you Leon.
They eventually defeat him and they get Leon to cooperate without violence.
Ah he is truly a meet potential, I feel a bit bad for him but Leon seems to care about Aria
since he asked her if she liked Charles and how much. Well its an improvement over
the previous two routes. He just closed his eyes, sighs and smiles when hearing
how much while saying yea you can have it, its all yours girl.
They use the grimoires to make a wish even if it may not be in Charles favor
he's like to live his remaining time with her. Turns out he it worked and he
is actually alive now like a human being. While flabbergasted Aria hugs him.
They both ended up leaving the island together which was a breath of fresh air
compared to the a parting and reunion ending. Not much else changed and Charles
is still the actor he enjoys being because its one of the few things he enjoyed.
The other is of course Aria who is his reason for living, the one who gave him hope.
The short story acts as the epilogue which does give us a grim reminder of the time period
but they have eachother and they've been happy. There's something bittersweet to it.
Well I guess this better than being able to build the Eiffel tower between their faces /s.
In the bad end Charles isn't convinced and won't hand over his grimoire.
He confronts Bernard directly but as expected his voice got worse and when
they left the island none of it was really resolved, it was never the same.
He couldn't be the Charles Paladilhe that the people came to love.  
8.5/10
I admit I wasn't really interested at first but it added to Charles character.
I found myself a little bit more interested in him as it went on.
The plays were a nice and some of it felt oddly relevant but most of the route
was surprisingly self-contained and personal. NGL It was kinda painful
after Rudy's route. If anything Charles didn't annoy me like Ascot
and I was able to feel for him due to the curse he carries.
The route effectively carried out the games themes while using the LI as a core element.
The developments were good and I was fully invested by the end of it.
I'm sorry I thought you were a red flag, you were totally green. 
 
Evan.
CV: Okamoto Nobuhiko.
Your prince is in another route...
 The oldest LI, who's a teacher and likes to read. Evan's pretty sharp and observant.
By now we know he is very interested and fascinated by the legend of the island.
Evan is curious about how her mother once came to the island too and now Aria
but she doesn't have many memories but more than Evan has of his own parents so
he is a little envious of her. Evan is... very forward with her as well so he invites Aria
to his SUS club meeting. There's a chance she could talk to her lost family members.
Oh boy this was so red flaggy it makes Charles a total green flag. LMAO. 
It didn't work. So hereby I dub his shady club as fraudulent!
Aria's family especially on the feminine side seem to have deep connection to the island.
Of course Evan has a grimoire and figured she had one too so he wants to team up.
I liked the CG were he was eating, he looked like a glutton. 
He wants to know what she would wish for if she could change the past
like if she could prevent her fathers passing. There's a lot of talk about what if
he hadn't boarded the ship. Evan too has wished to change the past because
he believes what happened to his family was his fault. He lost everyone.
Early on it felt rather peaceful and like it was some proper otome game
so knowing what is really going on and all the heads that rolled in Jack's route
I wondered when shit would brick. Then someone rolled over... it was Finn
they picked up his grimoire and made a run for it. LMAO.
They try to make a wish to return to bygone days and it worked!?
becareful what you wish for I guess.... Aria was able to meet her father
since he was once on the island no he lived there. Something doesn't add up though
which may be because of what they wished for. Like Aria coming together
with her father or Serge and Rudy being friendly. Leon seems to be one of the few
who realized something is off but doesn't know what it is. Truly meet potential.
Evan's able to meet his family again too... Aria wanted to talk with him
and the scene that followed was really cute. Although it seems he has forgotten things.
Someone voice tells Aria to wake up, she realizes this is not the same Evan
and that this world is strange and warped from the one she knows.
Aria realizes that their wish did come true. She tries to calmly talk
to Evan about because he got used to it what he did that caused this. 😑
She tries to jog his memories which kinda works...
Ahes says she has to wake up soon because this is the illusionary sea town. 
Evan says she is free to return but he doesn't want to because he is happier here
so he continues roleplaying in the illusionary world they wished for.
Leon noticed she was down so he asks what was up, he too made a mistake that he
regrets and affects his life but he learned to life with it since perfection doesn't exist.
Some of the same events still play out and we find out who did Finn in
but because everything is messy Aria ends up meeting a young Evan.
Anyway Evan's mom forced him to be a good older brother but then
the younger one died and which upset her since he was the golden child.
Evan's smart enough to realize he's not perfect and he can't replace him.
Aria decides to tell the child version of Evan it isn't his fault.
She tells this to the present Evan as well and he's like you saw?
he is like you shouldn't worry about me like that but Aria insists
and expresses her affection for him. He knows despite this he can't grant what
he wishes for. So Aria apologizes but says it still is no good to chase something unreal.
Eventually Evan is convinced to return. Needless to say they get back on track!
They start investigating the legend of island involving the goddess.
End up intervening between Finn and Will, with Evan looking like he's the final boss
and then he goes solo yolo trying to take care of the problem. (?!)
Turns out he hasn't completely given up and wants to save his family.
Aria just starts crying and Evan apologizes immediately.
This dude is hopeless and old habits die hard. How many times does Aria have
to teach him a lesson?! dude thinks he is the final boss and his morals are grey AF.💀
Lmao its like night and day. Aria saw the light in him so she tried one last time which
makes him realize all he wanted was forgiveness. Sadly the door of darkness has opened. 
He changes his wish to a world where Aria lives... and they rolled the credits just like that.
In the epilogue Aria wakes up to find Evan nearby... eyes closed. Aria ends up going back
to paris and Leon is seen moping around saying stuff like guess it didn't come true and that
its his turn next. Honestly this is the worst ending of a route I have played in a long time.
 Most of the route is good but like... it just 💩 in its own pants in the end.💀
I don't think I would mind tragic stuff just write it well, it felt so... rushed and flat.
Tho... I don't like inequal treatment so this really stings. 
 I wondered what the short story would even be about but it was just Evan mumbling
saying some cryptic bullshit which was the last thing I need right now.
I'm just venting at this point...
Leon probably wanted Aria to be happy even if it ain't him which I understood
from watching him in all routes thus far. Him saying I guess I am next
felt like they were just saying your prince is in another castle err route. 
What does Aria want though?! she wanted Evan to live and not be stuck in fantasy
but he is too deadset into trying to make that a reality and doesn't realize it till its too late.
There is a sense of  realism in this but... it felt like a bad ending so seeing it labeled
as a best ending just doesn't feel right nor was it satisfying in any way. 
Didn't even cry because it was so frustrating.
I mean yea maybe Aria was fated to die anyways due ww1 stuffs so as long
as she was happy with someone its okay but Evan completely takes that away
and she died like her dad did? wut hello how dare you call that a best end.😠
If there's anything I liked about some of the narrative is that its okay to be selfish
but it gets painful when you have people trying to make you see the light of your
own dark destructive habits. The route fails to deal with this properly.
Yea some people can't be saved... but I believe Evan is not such a person. 
No compromise, clashing views... there was something very wrong here.
All that talk of legends, some character development and that was the result? odd. 
Is closing your eyes called being alive...? this dude needs theraphy.😑
It didn't feel like the writers tried their best for a satisfying conclusion
instead it feels like a route that makes you think pursuing him is a bad choice.
Suppose maybe with the current setting this is the best they could do... 
I started to think about it and if you consider Aria's lineage and his... obsessive nature
they could have definitely done something more here but it doesn't.
I guess the writer didn't want to go there... but you can have the bad end! 
Who's gonna tell him he can't enjoy half the stuff he does if he keeps his eyes closed?!
Bad end: For some reason Aria convinced him to come back
and she starts talking in what ifs or hypothetically.
Evan says its not good. even if he tried to explain she probably won't get it
so she will just have to trust him. He noticed she was acting odd so he kabedon'd her
saying he'd like her to stay. Because he figures this is cuz of Leon
and suddenly starts acting like one of those yanderes. Idk but this felt weird.
Aria feels happy that her feelings are returned so this is better than nothing I guess.
Wait this is the best end?! its just the vibes are off man.
And so they wished for a world where they wouldn't lose anything.💀
I guess this is a tiny band aid for the deep wound the best end left me, thanks I guess.
6/10
Evan had a solid route till like the last 20-30 minutes.
Its here that the story starts to tap into its full potential yet is unable to deliver
because its trying to sell the poster boy. This route had some cute romantic scenes
but after finishing I wondered why they bothered? they could have turned this into
a truth route but instead we're left with please look forward to Leon! I think I liked
Himuka's route more than whatever this was like atleast he had a best ending.💀
I started to doubt Evan even cared about Aria but there are moments he does
and what Aria wanted doesn't seem to be important here.
I don't think there would be a issue if Evan knew more... okay I forgive him. 
I have faith in him and want to like him more... but eh not with this narrative. 
The way they just called that a best end frustrates me because it isn't. 
Like its been a while where I watched a route absolutely crap on itself.
It seems the writers were playing favorites and Evan wasn't one of them. 
If I had to do a mental flex Evan's best end could actually be the prologue or catalyst...
and Leon is the one who wished for Aria to get another chance at happiness
but Leon's route completely destroys that thought and after it I fail to see how
that last bit connects and it just seems like wasted potential.
The only reason I would like a FD is because of this route...
I guess Evan can join Misyr for being mostly a great character with a shit route.
His voice actor did a great job though but he got shafted about as much
as Fey and I don't think that is a compliment. (If I had a nickle...)
~
 
Leon Vithry.
CV: Masuda Toshiki.
Yea sorry I am still distraught over Evan.
 Leon seems like he came right out of piofiore but thankfully doesn't seem
to go in guns blazing. Leon's kinda sus in a way since he already seemed to know
the heroine or he was just well informed like he knew the passenger list or something?
 in the end he remained SUS because his route is locked till last and I got the idea
he wanted to interact more with Aria but by the end of Jack route it was already too late.
The schadenfruede is real... but just like Lise it was eventually Leon's turn.😌
Leon I have no idea if I should trust you but you don't seem like a bad person.
Ahes warned Aria and gave her a grimoire which makes Leon act.
He noticed how she was always alone and tries to support her more. 
Aria didn't take his offer very seriously so since he is a busy man
makes it more clear that his time is limited and that he has some.
Ah... that makes sense.  Anyway he's the type to get angry at wait staff if his
girlfriend ordered a burger with no pickles but gets it with. She said no pickles! 😠
Aria didn't want to make a fuss about it though... and I wouldn't either
but Leon is american so he had to be a karen so that makes sense.
He didn't give off this vibe in the few routes prior but  I understand he's getting tired
and prickled if this was a loop. A wild Zeno appears to give Aria more food for thought. 
Lmao I laughed for a moment when Leon asked a spaced out Aria if she was thinking of
other guys infront of his salad. Actually that's true I am still thinking about Evan but Aria denies. 
William appears to be in character atleast. Oh apparently Finn and Leon are non-blood related
brothers, makes sense why they have the same style and are at eachothers throats sometimes.
The early chapters weren't too interesting, I zoned out during the auction stuff.
Atleast their chemistry was entertaining but my mood was still rather grim
because of what happened last route. I didn't like it when Leon acted like I am busy
be grateful I even draw breath upon you or spare a moment of my time.
Just because Aria didn't prioritize him enough. Very american. 
During the party when you pick other people to chat to he will pout he is last. 😂
Ahes keeps being cryptic, they were always just kinda there appearing at the right moment
but now they are actually being informative instead of just handing over a diary.
I don't hate Ahes but they seem written like a plot device that rides on convenience. 
The scene where Leon got drunk and Aria grabbed his glass was kinda cute.
Leon blurted out that she should be more selfish and if there is something she
wants she should say so. Okay then! I want an actual best end with Evan!
 Unfortunately Leon gets framed for some crime related to the auction so Rudy and Ulysse
investigate him. Though Rudy gives him the benefit of the doubt but he's still forced
to come over to the office. They get targeted and Leon finds out Aria has a grimoire
who sounds like Ahes who is guiding Aria. William everntually got caught
in the act but Mai got injured but is able to relay this information to Rudy.
I wasn't interested in the international intrigue but atleast Mavis got fleshed out.
If you didn't already know war is a money game. Thanks for the economics lesson.
 Mavis feels indebted to them so if they need she will help.
Leon says she should become a bit more selfish since there
could be many more things that could make her happy.
Become greedier so you can become more satisfied with life.
Aria is like wut... then she is reminded of how he told her that when drunk.
I guess the reason he says this is because she's a homebody, likes to read
and doesn't have that many hobbies while he is out there enjoying most fruits of life.
Leon wants her grimoire and wants her to believe in his good intentions
well she has no reason to distrust him not at this point anyway.
Sometime later Finn approaches her since he knew she had a strange grimoire
so he asks if she can hand it to him because he needs it. She gave it to Leon
so he brings out his own grimoire to check. Then she gets attacked by a cloaked man.
Aria tries to say she doesn't have it now. Leon and Rudy show up just in time
and Finn tries to make a run for it. Aria loses conciousness but Leon stayed
by her side to watch over her. I could really feel he cared about Aria here.
Leon actually said he liked her or how she acts, you can choose to reciprocate
or act like its purely platonic but let's just pick the first option.
There was so much dramatique intrigue even Charles needs a moment to think it over.
I was wondering what was up with that hooded assassin Finn kept summoning since it had 
its own sprite. Anyway I found Aria to be more indecisive than in Jack or Evan route.
Leon asks what she would wish for and her reply was seeing her father.
He didn't know he was no longer alive so he says that it may not be possible
and even Aria knows that. Despite that she would like for it to happen
and its very human to want to see your loved ones again.
Then Aria vaguely remembered something and it seems she met a bunch
of people before and this piece of information threw me off-gaurd.
Leon is worried about how Finn is acted and he blames himself for it
so he wants to do something about it. Aria hugs him and says he did save her
so its not like he is a huge failure or anything so he should have more confidence.
More heads roll because of the thing going on and more time is spend trying
to deal with it. Evan helps out since one of his buddies got hit.
They lured Finn into the old church in the woods... Leon tries to convince him
to stop but Finn believes himself to be chosen by the book so what better time
to try and prove himself. Leon tries to explain there's some things you can't have.
(Yea... I guess we can't have Evan if we follow this narrative.)
Zeno creeps from a corner and says he did a good job and tells him to rest
which ends up injuring him. Aria tries to tell him to stop but he just calls her a good girl.
Zeno says they can't win against him despite being alone. Then Charles arrives
to back them up. Aria and Leon escape, Ahes leads them into a cave Zeno can't enter.
She says Aria still hasn't remembered one thing, the time she visited the island with her father.
During that time she met a young Leon and Finn. As well as Ahes.
They went on an adventure and explored this very cave back then.
Unfortunately they ended up breaking something which lead out a dark aura
and Aria covered for Leon but she had forgotten everything about this.
Leon gets upset she remembered this much but Ahes wants to continue.
Aria got cursed and the only way to help her was the grimoires
but only when she is 19 so Leon promises to come back.
He can also not tell anyone about this ever so that is why he has been holding back.
Ah so in all route sans Evan the curse was broken and dealt with properly.
Leon promises to rid her of this curse etc so he doesn't want her to worry.
 Zeno wants to destroy the world, everything and we helped him do it in Jacks bad end.😅
Leon and Aria get chummy they do get along well so he wants to know how she really feels
about him. So she formally reciprocates his feelings. Leon then kisses her after he has permission.
He really acts like a prince around her. That would make her his princess.
Seems William also works for Zeno and he is more than eager to continue.
They try to prepare as best they can while spending time with eachother.
Leon executes his plans like he is playing chess, carefully planning every move.
He did this against Finn as well which was how they lured him into the church
and it worked again to lure out William and eventually beat Zeno before
they find the final grimoire. Zeno was surprisingly chill about it but it seems
he does the evil gods bidding. They realized they can tire Zeno out and Aria
was supportive here.  Leon doesn't know what his reasons are and he doesn't
really care but he has a reason for gathering the grimoires and it would be a bother
if they let Zeno do what he wants because he is selfish and has no intention to lose.
He is not sorry for ending Zeno's life if he has to. Then he shoots him.
They get rid off the curse using the books and all is well that ends well.
They watch the sea and the little glow of what Leon thinks are mermaid tears.
There's probably no better sign that the curse has been taken care of.
Although it feels like something hasn't been touched upon at all.
Aria also seems to have trouble remembering one thing
but they end up embarking on a new journey in their lives.
Leon seems to have a positive effect on Aria's personality
she also likes to travel to the place her father was born someday.
The short story was a nice extension of this. The CG was very nice.
Bad end: They use a different plan and things take too long
its no longer to their benefit. Aria ends up dying which is also
a way of their curse to break. Leon tried to wish for her to live
but Ahes stopped him. That is apparently beyond its power
so no wonder it didn't work back in Evan's route.
Leon loses all will to live so Ahes tells him that he shouldn't choose
the easy way out cuz that is not what Aria wants. He keeps living
his life being a miserable man but isn't really enjoying it anymore.
 7.5/10 
Honestly this was fine but I could barely get over what happened a route ago.
There is this fated pair thing going on but I don't like it if it comes at the cost
of another LI's best ending. They were pushing a ship here while letting
someone else drown, that goes against my morals.
It just left such a bad taste in my mouth and this route felt like a bandaid on top of that.
lol I feel like one of those amazon reviewers.😅 don't worry
I won't burn this game at the stake because I didn't like 1 thing.
This route also focused a lot on intrigue which was interesting but also not really.
Leon finally got to have his moment and he is definitely the main character.
Though something that bothers me is how much they're playing favorites.
Obviously Leon and Rudy got special treatment while Evan got dirt.
Jack and Charles were treated normally I don't sense favoritism here.
I just find the scenario quality varies a lot throughout the routes. 
Atleast I liked some of it, even if its not the full course.
Its okay to say you're full sometimes! 
 
Truth route
Hello? where is my Ulysse route?!
  
I wondered why this existed? well I had no expectations at this point
like I tried to speculate but it just made a mess of my feelings.💀 
This felt like something extra where the group dynamic came together
better than it did in the individual routes where everyone is always
doing their own thing. Some of the interactions were funny
but I didn't find it that interesting since it covered a lot of info
previously covered, perhaps its good to get the facts straight.
Mirage is actually ancient Ys. They brought this up in Evan's route but they
didn't do much with that so I almost forgot. Definitely did not expect
a Ys reference in my otome games. Although the connection felt like
it was there to make you understand what mirage actually is.
When I think about it some of it makes sense as background lore.
Its revealed Zeno is the leader of a SUS group who research the end.
We already know he wanted to destroy the world so he'd like nothing
more than to gather the books to cause such a miracle.
He has a deep connection to the sealed god.
I guess if you liked certain characters like William or Bernard there is some hope for them here
but it was done in such a quick and dirty way it was not enjoyable to sit through.
Tbh the way Bernard/Charles stuff was resolved was kinda... meh. 
This truth end is simply a group end where everyone worked together
for the best possible outcome without any proper romance.
We have Ahes saying she likes Aria and I'd probably also like her as a friend
she didn't have any ill intent in bringing her and the others to that place in the past.
She'd like to be with everyone too but she and Aria aren't the same.
Anyway they deal with Zeno... but he becomes invincible
so the only way he can be dealt with is through... Aria using her powers.
So long her feelings are strong enough anything is possible.
In the end Zeno is about to put Aria out of her misery but then Ahes shows up
in her true form. Dahut the woman who was sealed but due Zeno
being awakened the seal on her weakened. So she was able to be free
and walk alongside the people again. She does need Aria's help though
as by herself she isn't strong enough. All is well that ends well.
Aria decides to live her best life and has more confidence in herself
and Mai is the sponsor to her birthday party. What a nice ending. UwU 
Evan starting to dig into cake like a glutton was a highlight
but he is starting to feel like a background character.😅
Aria isn't really sure what she will do next but she will think carefully about it.
Seems the epilogue splits into two versions so there's some replay value.
Rudy and Charles. Or Leon, Jack and Evan. With Sergei as a thirdwheel.
I think I liked Leon version more but this felt like sequel bait.
I liked how Leon complained Jack and Evan didn't have to come.
They all took a picture which felt nice, I liked it more than Rudy's side
but the birthday party CG was likely my favorite.
Aria and Evan look great together!!! nevermind the american and that
random bloke to the right. Or the mass murderer to the far left.💀
Overall the truth route felt a bit convenient, its a nice way to spend a little more
time with the characters but it makes me want a FD with a Ulysse route.
It felt like they gave him more lines here but its such a waste...
Other than that... despite some small reveals regarding Ahes
this did not top most of the individual routes for me except Evan
who has turned into a side character at this point. Amazing! /s.
They could definitely do more with this, Aria's lineage is interesting
as is some of the worldbuilding but this is a fine stopping point. 
6.5/10
~
 
My Fav route:
Rudy > Charles > Leon / Jack > Truth> Evan.
Jack I think you had one of the best routes especially if you don't know what's going on
but it felt like it left a lot of plot threads hanging which were touched upon in Rudy's
whom's route I probably enjoyed the most with Charles being close I guess.
Evan I generally liked the route, except the ending. I don't like it when
it has to crap on itself and then subtly points to Leon. Thanks I guess.
The truth route didn't really cover that much we didn't already know
but it was nice to see everyone work together as a group.
 
My Fav character:
Rudy > Evan > Leon > Charles&Jack > Ulysse.
Jack said it himself, he ain't nothing special and I like him a normal amount.
Charles is alright too so I'll just tie them. Leon; outside of his route
he's very meet potential but he is not a bad guy or anything, he's a sleeper.
Evan is an interesting character but I don't think he beat Rudy. Not with that ending.
Ulysse is a fun character that made me wish he had a route!!!
nothing he did makes me place him higher than actual LI's tho. 
I could include Bernard but he was such an ass in Charles route
in ways Ulysse seems like an angel with demon wings. 
 
Bad ending ranking:
Jack > Evan > Charles > Rudy > Leon.
Jack's bad end is hilarious like my dude. Charles was heartbreaking and Rudy
was interesting as it came with some extra story but everything else felt standard. 
Evan's bad end might feel better than his best end and i'd say that it is a good end.
Seeing Leon look like a sack of potatoes is not my idea of fun but maybe it is someone elses? 
 
Final thoughts?!
This is my masterpiece to better illustrate the experience.
  
I thougth MiraMys was for the most part an alright otome game, its rather short
but it also didn't drag too much or overstay its welcome. 
I think its perfect for people who like mystery, intriguing settings
with a lil romance but aren't in the mood for long otome games.
I think the length and price are only a problem if you are a relatively fast reader. 
The romance wasn't too little, it was just right. 
Due to the short length I finished this otome quickly... once I was invested
I wanted to keep playing and figure out everything. Which is a great feeling
when playing a game so they really did well with this game. 
The writing was not bad but it varied a lot. Unfortunately I think the only route
I really liked was Rudy.😍 Charles and Jack were fun but Evan.💀
Leon further explored some things other routes never went into
I don't think you could guess what it was and his route was alright.
 Speaking of Evan... I don't like how he was treated but I am probably not alone in this. 
As I kept playing if anything bothered me it was the antagonists, especially after
Rudy&Jack since I played Charles after I kept side-eyeing certain characters.
Atleast there was no overlap and in every route I always learned new things.
At the end of the day there are definitely parts that were done well... in the sense
that they cooked but Evan's route? that just leaves me unsatisfied.
Overall the game was good but not outstanding. 
7.3/10
I'd say I liked it more than Uchronia but not by much.
It has a few of the same problems, though if you actually liked that
and Piofiore or Mysteria then MiraMys could be worth looking into. 


 Not sure if this game will get a FD but if it does I hope Ulysse gets a route!
there's too much potential with this man and imma be selfish and want it.
As well as do Evan some justice because that ending.... I am sorry its terrible.
I know this is likely the writers first work while being under Ringo's wing and they
did alright, in some areas it felt kinda lacking but it was not that bad either.
The endings can feel satisfying for now but it didn't feel like all of it
reached its full potential, which may be okay for some
early routes but for characters like Evan its a shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment