Saturday, August 29, 2026

Unlogical DLC - review

 At first I wasn't sure if Licobits was going to release DLC for Unlogical like with Uchronia
but they did and vol.1 was announced one week ahead of its 26th march 2k26 release.
At the time I only did Miyabi's and I didn't think that was worth a post but after
I found out the second volume was released I decided to make one.
The second volume completely blindsided me but it apparently already released on 23 july.
Last time I looked for news for DLC there was none.💀
They must have announced it once again very close to its release so this was
sandwiched between a bunch of other games and I didn't even notice till a month later.
 
Anyway Volume 1 of the DLC is Free while Volume 2 is paid.  
 
Volume 1 features a moment in the morning after the happy ends...
with the exception of Miyabi who takes place after ending 12.
 You know the one and now I am like this meme trying to figure
out which of Miyabi's endings may actually be the best outcome.
Why did they choose that one? instead of the best end?
are they planning a FD so they're saving contents to go from there?
none can say till Licobits makes any announcements.
 
The morning dlc stories were 10-20 minutes but it'll depend on your reading speed.
They are just a nice short story, its voiced but don't expect too much.
I liked Miyabi since it added a sense of normalcy.😏 
Vol.2 was around 1700 yen but its fully voiced date scenario and adds a CG.
I'm pretty sure the dates including Miyabi were all after the best ends. They're not any longer either.

---
Overall: 
I bought vol.2 for Miyabi but they all had really cute date scenarios
which completely validated the purchase for me. 
Oh just when I thought my Miyabi brainrot had calmed down it came back too...😖
I'll be honest here though I don't really like DLC for visual novels
and i'd much rather just buy a FD or sequel but this was still nice.
 Even if the scenarios were short Miyabi's date was a satisfying
epilogue so I could justify the DLC being paid. 
Sadly it was short 20 mins at most but its a nice extra!
if you do it all then you may have an hour or two of contents.
(Depending on how much you take your time and enjoy the moment.)
For the morning scenarios I only viewed Miyabi's but I viewed
everyone elses date scenario to get the most out of my purchase.
If you absolutely want more content with your fav LI I think the Unlogical DLC is worth it.
 
While the game is currently (at time of writing this) unlocalized I do hope it gets picked up
and that it maybe gets a proper FD/sequel down the line but for now I am satisfied.

 
Spoilers after the jump so if you haven't yet played
the original game then best stop reading here.
 
 
Miyabi.
- A moment in the morning.
I wasn't sure if I should be afraid or be excited about this following up on ending 12.
However it was a really calm&sweet story, he can totally be the one to kill me now.😂💀
Best part about this was that he asks about what Kanna wanted so it wasn't like we're
just indulging this guy. Kanna still got as much guts as I remember.
Honestly I want to see a little more between these two! am I getting greedy?
lmao maybe I am about as greedy as them!
Needless to say I am grateful we even got this because its better than nothing. 
What can I say but a guy's a keeper if he asks about your dreams?💕
Oh didn't even start and I am already outed for brainrotting.
 - Date. This was rather cute?! very normal, nothing to see here.😏
This must be after the best end because Miyabi still wasn't very sure
about things but it was cute how he asked Kanna to hold hands.
Which just leads to this mess of a scene and I realized how much
I missed their interactions, they're just meant to be at this point. 
Well... this is progress. My heart was melting, if the best ending
wasn't enough this only added to it. I am completely satisfied!
Its adorable, Miyabi's trying his best and he's such a good boy.😭
Yea its only holding hands but everything has to start somewhere.
If I had to be honest this also kinda makes me wish for a full after story
but untill a FD or sequel happens this will do just fine.
They will surely kiss one day, like a normal couple.
Miyabi is one of those characters were its nice to see him and the heroine
make progress, no matter how small. 
~
 
Ran.
Ran's date scenario was another completely normal day in their lives but now
they've realized their feelings and they officially go on dates after their work.
Ran got a bit embarrassed, the CG was cute... it didn't have much substance
but everything is back to normal and they're enjoying their lives.
Ran still has his clown pants on but what else is new? 
~
 
Kai.
Kai's date scenario had more action than the above two...💀  but it was just as sweet.💖
They went to an amusement park and he couldn't contain himself on the ferris wheel.
Things between Kai and Kanna are going just peachy and this was likely the least chaste
which makes sense as they're truly a couple now. The wedding is probably next.
~
 
Yuri.
 Yuri's date was a pretty normal movie theater date, a callback to that scene in the route.
I am not very invested into his character but it was still pretty nice and it didn't try to be
anything its not. Its just a short look at their lives after the best end. Yuri's the happiest he can be.
The CG was very cute as well. Its likely my fav right after Miyabi. 
~
 
Soichi.
I had to double check who was speaking because I almost thought he was Lise
ah the curse of having the same seiyuu strikes again. This is funny because
when I played the demo I was reminded of Yosuga. xD 
I remember him being a bit trashy and that he asked Kanna to move in
with him in the best ending, right now they're enjoying a cafe date.
Soichi seems to be living his life to the fullest, enjoying everything.
The CG was also very good! they both tried to cook together. 
 ~
 
 
Final thoughts?!
Well the date scenarios were all very cute and I really liked Miyabi's!
this does however make me want a real FD or sequel.
When I think about Kohaku there is definitely room for more.
I also remember someone saying Chi-chan might be the character to get a route
if it happens as it was teased on the staff blog. 
While I want it to happen these scenarios are better than nothing at all
and I recommend the DLC if you really want more content with your fav LI. 
This DLC also made me listen to the ending theme of the game again.
Right now Unlogical is still my favorite Licobits game and there's a part of me
that wants to support them so I am still thinking about getting Le Mirage Mystique.
Although nothing really grabs me about that title so maybe not.
 
Also the reason I decided not to share a lot of CG's and screenshots
is because the DLC is so short so I feel like I shouldn't. So its only Miyabi. 
Needless to say everyone got a CG and they were all great
so it was worth waiting like 7-8 months for this. 
That's it! that's the post. There's not much else to say really.

No comments:

Post a Comment