Friday, September 4, 2026

Le Mirage Mystique - Demo Review

 Genre: VN.
Developer/publisher: Licobits.
Platform: Switch.
Official Site: https://licobits-game.com/mirage/
Release date: 16-07-2026
 
I didn't even realize Le Mirage Mystique got a demo till
I looked at the official site for more info and noticed there was one.
Honestly outside of the setting and goldie seiyuu cast this otome game
didn't quite catch my eye. So this demo was welcomed.
 
--- 

 
Le Mirage Mystique is a mystery driven otome game set in 1917.
The heroine Aria Laprade receives an invitation to an island.
What will she uncover there...? one thing is for sure
she meets a bunch of lovely young men there.😅
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The art is lovely and the introduction movie was quite unique.
The background art stood out to me more than the character sprites. 💀
Sadly the heroine had no sprite maybe from another POV? but the demo
wasn't long enough for that to happen so I can't confirm this. 
Music was fitting for the setting, I had no complaints but it didn't exactly wow me.
The seiyuu cast of this game are all goldies and if you played a lot of otome
in the PSVita era you will definitely hear some familiar voices.
Le Mirage Mystique could be worth looking into if your favorite seiyuu is here.
System wise its pretty much a standard VN, which is fine.
The font was a bit tiny on default but this can be adjusted.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Storywise it seems interesting but it felt very slow-paced
and it took a while for even the heroine to find her bearings.
The presentation felt similar to Piofiore, they also loved to give it
this old movie vibe & switch POV. I wasn't sure if any of the
characters be it main or side could be trusted at all.
I don't think they were part of the mafia though... but some looked wealthy. 
Serge explained a bunch of facts to us about the island
but even then I could tell there was more to it.
Most of what the demo covered was dedicated to introduction
and there were quite a number of side characters.
Some of it was intriguing but it was nothing wild.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd probably recommend to play this blind even if only for the first play
and only use a guide if you don't know how to get the best end.
 --- 
In terms of language difficulty i'd say it was on the same level as Uchronia
so its probably better if you have a very solid grasp of the japanese language.
If you rely a lot on voiced lines or like to vibe on autoplay you will likely
be overwhelmed here because of unvoiced narration and monologues.
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
TL;DR
Honestly I think it might be nice if you enjoy slower paced otome? the backgrounds
were lovely though but my investment into the LI's was quite low.
I tried to write about them after the jump but not much came of it... 
I think Evan interested me the most but that may be because Okamoto-san.
Evan's seiyuu really selling this game for me.😅
Other than that I suppose Leon did interest me too but I could smell
he was some kind of revelation route or something. Blame the OP.
I'd probably not recommend Le Mirage Mystique if you prefer fast paced otome
because everything told me this was going to be another slowburn.
Though if you enjoy that I recommend it by all means.
Maybe try the demo for a vibe check if you still can't decide!
 
Some more rambles after the jump but its not much really. 
 
===================================================================== 
 
Leon Vitry.
CV: Masuda Toshiki.
 Leon is like the first guy Aria met and he already seems to know her name...
which is kinda sus but he does seem to have it together. He seems rich.
After his initial introduction I still wasn't sure about him but I could tell there was more to him.
Other than that he's generally been a friendly face whenever we saw him. 
 
Evan Crawford.
CV: Okamoto Nobuhiko.
 He's a teacher and enjoys lounging around reading books.
He's probably one of the few LI's that interested me and be willing to buy the game for
but there wasn't that much to him and much like Leon he seems like a good guy.
 
Jack Lester.
CV: Suzuki Ryota.
 Well... he seemed like a nice enough guy? If possible i'd like to do his route first...
he has that beginner friendly yet there's more to me kinda vibe. 
 
Rudy Rochefort.
CV: Shimono Hiro.
 I thought Rudy was interesting but I found him a bit... curt.
Nothing in the demo really sold me on his character other than right this way officer.💀
 
Charles Paladilhe. 
CV: Fukuyama Jun.
 I can't spell his last name so its just Charles or do you want me to spell his last name as paladin?!
Charles... Paladin. That kinda has a nice ring to it! 
Charles is famous for acting in plays but I don't think this character was for me!
maybe the full game could surprise me... but I need to see more.
 ===================================================================== 
 
 Final thoughts
Literally how I feel about a lot of things in this game.
 
Well... the demo did give me more insight but I found it similar to Utakata no Uchronia.
Itehara and Mirage are both not what they seem.
Its also a dark fantasy... I found it to be fairly calm and light but there are definitely
things that make you think, is this it or there's more to it right?
Most LI's are charming and it was nostalgic hearing some older seiyuu again.
Some side characters like Ulysse were also appealing but they had no route.😔
There wasn't much of a group dynamic and every character seems to be
doing their own thing which is good but... its all too early.
The island gave me this sentimental feel... but not much more than that.
 The opening hours were nothing too wild as it set the stage and everyone
was introduced, i'd say Evan, Jack and Leon are LI's who are selling this game to me. 
 I think most of the appeal lies in the setting and mystery elements as well as 
the seiyuu cast but this felt like it was going to be another slowburn.
If you like slowburn mystery otome Le Mirage Mystique is worth looking into.
I'll be honest this demo didn't start to be interesting for me till near the end
but it ended rather abruptly. I think the whole thing was maybe 2-3 hours long.
There's enough to hook a player... but it was really just an appetizer
and the way it ended I kinda wanted to buy it. Oh no... wait that's a good thing.
 
I'll just be repeating myself at this point but there's not much to talk about.
I think the game is interesting but much of its potential still remains to be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment